1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No info for Yamaha RXV457?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by giger, Sep 1, 2005.

Tags:
  1. giger

giger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Just a quick post; I was thinking of updating my current set-up and getting a Yamaha RXV457 to replace my ageing Yam DSP-A5 (which i'm very happy with). Mainly due to things like pro logic II plus the A5 looks dated as it's now a good 6 years old. However, after numerous searches around the net and also here, I can find no reviews on this model. I know that there are far too many amps out there to get reviewed but i'm starting to wonder if there is anything wrong with the 457 as there's that little info!

Probably going to go for it anyway as I like the Yamaha 'sound' and reviews are down to personal opinion, I just find it strange as most Yammy amps seem to get lots of praise.

Does anyone else find this when looking for new model big brand amps?

2. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    What is your budget and what speakers will you be driving with it?

3. giger

giger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I have Celestion AVF302 glass speakers on the front and AVP303 speakers for the rear (similar to the AVP305 celestion package). My A5 works well with these so am keen to stick with the brand. However, I have just purchased a RVX457 ('open box' as new from a major online store) for £150. I have been unable to demo the amp so will run it side by side to compare the two but was interest to read reviews to see what pro's and cons to test for myself.

As mentioned it is now purchased (but can be returned under distance selling if not satisfied) for a bargain price, I was just very suprised to see so little reviews for this, only the 757 seems to make the press.

I don't have a budget as such, I just bought it as it was a bargain!