No imagine from pc via hdmi

somonehelp

Novice Member
Reaction score
So I got 3 Samsung tvs now with the new one. Have one that I use as a monitor for my pc and another that was in the living room. That one broke so I bough the new one (3rd). Problem is I can’t get the new tv (Samsung 65” qn90a) to post pc signal. Tried just about everything. Plug pc with hdmi into the other 2 Samsung tvs and works perfectly but plug it into the new tv and the tv recognizes it’s plugged in but says check device power. Tv is fine, all hdmi ports work with the cable box and even with an old laptop I had laying around. Post image from every source except the pc. Any ideas?

However try as JayCee has suggested first.

In order to rule out a faulty HDMI board inside the TV, does anything else other than the PC show a picture if connected to a HDMI imput on the 3rd TV, such as a game console or a DVD/BD-player?

Also, try another HDMI cable if possible.

Hi,
confirm first if it's only an HDMI cable issue or the problem is from the PC. Try with different devices and if it's a cable issue replace it :D
cheers

In order to rule out a faulty HDMI board inside the TV, does anything else other than the PC show a picture if connected to a HDMI imput on the 3rd TV, such as a game console or a DVD/BD-player?

Also, try another HDMI cable if possible.
Yes the hdmi ports all shows imagine with dish hopper box and the old laptop I have.

Hi,
confirm first if it's only an HDMI cable issue or the problem is from the PC. Try with different devices and if it's a cable issue replace it :D
cheers
Sigh did you read the title only? Pc works fine with other 2 Samsung tvs. New tv works fine with other source devices and all hdmi cables work.

On other TV the computer works with set the output to 1080p 60Hz and change the video format from RGB to 8-bit YCC/YUV 420 in GPU control panel.

Now connect the computer to affected TV and see if you get any output.

If that doesn't work try and connect up both the not working TV and another monitor.

Download CRU and run it, select the TV display from menu list
Detailed resolutions should list what the TV supports, you can add/edit replace the resolutions via presets.

A secondary approach is via standard resolutions, try this first add 1920x1080 60hz, click ok to exit and then run restart64 to apply the changes, now see if PC desktop appears on the TV.

On other TV the computer works with set the output to 1080p 60Hz and change the video format from RGB to 8-bit YCC/YUV 420 in GPU control panel.

Now connect the computer to affected TV and see if you get any output.

If that doesn't work try and connect up both the not working TV and another monitor.

Download CRU and run it, select the TV display from menu list
Detailed resolutions should list what the TV supports, you can add/edit replace the resolutions via presets.

A secondary approach is via standard resolutions, try this first add 1920x1080 60hz, click ok to exit and then run restart64 to apply the changes, now see if PC desktop appears on the TV.
All 3 tvs are 4k. Will try the other stuff this weekends

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom