1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No idea where to start!!!

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by WBC, Jun 9, 2004.

1. WBC

WBC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Guys,

I'm thinking of purchasing a proj and haven't a clue where to start!! I have a budget of £1300 for the proj but it WILL HAVE to be positioned off centre in the room. I can't have it hanging from the ceiling in the living room (has to have WAF :rolleyes: ) I need to try and fit it in with the surroundings.

I have room for an 8' - 9' screen (if that matters?) and am guessing it will be about 15' from the screen.

Any ideas as to where to start to look????

Thanks in Advance
    Stace :D

2. Rickyj @ Kalibrate

Rickyj @ Kalibrate
    Well-known Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,692
    You could start by looking at the Sanyo Z2, as the lens shift function allows flexibility of positioning. Maybe an owner could confirm how far the lens can move the screen, so you can calculate whether it will work, I believe it is 1/2 the screen width, either way. Correct, anyone??

This would match you budget and is very popular on here. I know that had I had the extra cash when I got my Panny 300, I would have bought one. To see what screen size you would be looking at, try www.projectorcentral.com, for rough figures for screen sizes from your thow distance.

Hope this helps

Ricky :hiya:

3. danjos

danjos
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I agree with yum, lens-shift is a feature that you will probably find essential.

I just bought the hitachi tx100 which has lens shift, although it doesnt shift as far as id hoped, it says in the manual its 1/4 screen horiz shift, and 1/2 screen vertical, so its probably not as flexible as the z2, but it is slightly cheaper and hopefully at least equally good if not better, time will tell :)

Another thing, i was used to data-projectors so i didnt realise how big the tx100 would be ! i told the wife it would be about the size as a playstation :D