Question NO IDEA WHAT I HAVE TO BUY

Mapras10

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Im looking forward to buy a home cinema system but not expensive one as my budget is £200-£250 max. I like the tallboy speakers, one on the right one on the left. One small in the center and 2 smalls on behind me left and right on the top of the wall. All i want is a nice sound for my movies, footballs and PS4.

Thanks

I would avoid all in one systems like that as they lack connectivity, have poor sound quality and you can not replace or upgrade them easily.

Why you believe the Yamaha one has better quality sound from the Sony one?
I can't imagine anyone on here would recommend the Sony over the Yamaha. As PSM1 said, you can upgrade and add bits to the Yamaha. With the Sony, if you want to replace any part of it you will literally have to replace the whole thing.

I can't imagine anyone on here would recommend the Sony over the Yamaha. As PSM1 said, you can upgrade and add bits to the Yamaha. With the Sony, if you want to replace any part of it you will literally have to replace the whole thing.

Thanks, im just asking because i have no clue with sound systems. So Yamaha won !

Stick to systems based around an AVR and not one with a built in DVD/bluray and you will be fine.

Stick to systems based around an AVR and not one with a built in DVD/bluray and you will be fine.

Alright now i understand better the difference between AVR and Build In Bluray. Ι can upgrade the Yamaya but not the Sony sure.

BUT the Sony says 1000w and the Yamaha 350w.

How the Yamaha has better sound with 3 times less power than the Sony one?

That is because the Sony is basically lying about the power output. In reality the Yamaha will be more powerful. Look in the specs of each at the power supply value. This will give a better comparison. All in one systems use low impedance speakers so they can inflate the power value quoted.

Attachments

• 21396788_689993921194591_1992416188_n.jpg
    21396788_689993921194591_1992416188_n.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 98
Report back once it is setup. Enjoy.

Its really good ! I cant really explain with details how to but im impressed with that system.
High Quality sound. Im planing to move to my new house at the end of the month so Im waiting to set up the speaker correct in the wall etc so I can have better opinion.

I dont know if I have to play with the settings for better sound.

Is there out any recommended settings for this system ?

Does it have an auto setup? If so then run that and it will be fine. Do you mean in or on the wall. No speaker is going to sound its best buried in a wall.
Enjoy your new system.

If it does not have auto setup then you will need to set speaker distances and levels in the amp.

I moved to my new home and im trying to install everything as I want then I will give my review. Where can I get perfect sample sound to test my speakers?

Attachments

• HM.jpg
    HM.jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 65
That is a little high for the surrounds. What do you mean by perfect sound to test them?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom