No headphone jack with Sony CMT MX550i Micro system

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by pjntjn92, Dec 30, 2011.

1. pjntjn92

pjntjn92
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi. Am wondering whether anyone can help with my question. I purchased a Sony CMT 550i Micro system recently not really giving a thought about the fact it had no headphone jack. Is it possible to use wireless headphones in any way with my system i.e to use the audio in input or usb?? Are there any other options to say connect something to my micro system that has an headphone jack? Apologies for my ignorance!

Many Thanks

2. KJ Palmer

KJ Palmer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +104
    No, unfortunately it appears that this system has no outputs at all (apart from the speakers), so you won't be able to use any sort of headphones with it.

3. pjntjn92

pjntjn92
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Many thanks for the reply. Confirmed what i had thought that it wasn't possible, but figured i'd ask experts anyway.
    Regarding my Sony system, could i hook up my Ion Profile Pro turntable to it. Is this possible.

Thanks again.

4. KJ Palmer

KJ Palmer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +104
    Better news here. Having had a look at the manual your turntable has a line out socket round the back, so you can connect it to your Sony's aux in port via a suitable stereo lead. Not think the USB port (I think), that's for digital file playback.