No headphone jack on TV, want to use Xbox audio and volume control

ZombiebotKing

Standard Member
So I don't have a headphone jack on my TV but I made a temporary one by just putting a RCA to headphone adapter on my Xbox R/L audio cables and plugging my headphones into the adapter.

The problem is that I can't adjust the volume of the sound coming out of my headphones because the sound isn't coming from my TV, it's coming from my Xbox so it's stuck at a constant volume.

I tried using some 2 to 1 splitter and couldn't find a solution. So currently I'm just stuck with a unchangable volume...

Any help?

Mike RB

I also want to know the answer to this. The Btech item looks ideal.

I was also looking at this though, the FiiO E5 Portable Headphone Amplifier. I have a headphone out socket on my PC speakers but I have no volume control so was going to connect this to the headphone out then my headphones to this to control the volume.

Which is the better solution? Either as good as each other?

virtual_boy

I may be missing something here but could you not just add an in-line volume control adapter for a couple of quid?

Mike RB

I may be missing something here but could you not just add an in-line volume control adapter for a couple of quid?
I was thinking this too but should the headphones not be amplified? I'm guessing here, I'm not too sure.

But yeah, this does seem a much cheaper option.

Mr_Ceee

It depends on if the problem is that when connected to the phonos the headphone volume is too low, in which case it needs amplifying. I am surprised that the line level outputs are driving the headphones at all.

It looks like the E5 might be ok and should do the trick and you could just probably use a 3.5mm jack to phono and go straight into the xbox. I have never seen one or used one though, the reviews I have seen all use an mp3 players headphone output to drive it.

Last edited:

Trending threads

Top Bottom