No HDR but which setting?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by Tariq, Mar 9, 2017.

1. Tariq

Tariq
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi I have just purchased a PS4 pro and my LED VIERA 58AX802B has 4K but doesn't supper HDR which I'm gutted about consedering the price I paid for the TV.

When I switch my TV to HDCP 1.4 mode In my PS4 Pro resolution settings, all options are available however when I switch it to 2.2 mode it will only go as far as 2160p (YUV420).

2160p - RGB is greyed out. I'm not sure which one to use as I have heard 2.2 is newer and better but without the RGB option is it worth changing it to that?

Also will my TV ever be able to support HDR with any firmware updates or is that it now for me?

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. next010

next010
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,098
    The AX802B has a firmware update from Panasonic that enables HDR but it is soft HDR patched in, the TV itself lacks the actual display hardware to portray HDR.

As to the HDCP that is copy protection tech, some features are locked behind the HDMI 2.0 port running in HDCP 2.2 mode, for example Netflix 4K needs HDCP 2.2

YU420 and RGB limited are functionally the same colour space in that there is little difference on screen, the introduction of HDR has caused much confusion as there are variations of these colour spaces that some TV's support and others don't which get activated to use HDR by the console. In short you should be fine with YUV420 running in HDCP 2.2 mode.