No HD withOUT SD - Official!

logiciel

Forum users have reported that they, or others, pay only for HD "Mix" at £10 and use of Sky+ at another £10, total £20.
After a vast saga of mainly one-sided communications Sky now state: "you are required to have a Viewing package of either a 1 Mix to a 6 Mix in order to receive your HD subscription" and "at least one of these Mixes are mandatory".
Does anyone know where in the T and Cs the "mandatory" appears?
Some of those users got their payment down to £20 during their 12 month HD contract by cancelling everything except HD.
Did anyone get it down outside of the 12 months?

Last edited:

FZR400RRSP

Banned
Are you suggesting some users only subscribe to the HD channels, without any other package?
I must admit I didn't think that was possible.
IIRC, the cheapest package is £17p/m, with an extra £10 for HD.
I also thought SKY had dropped the extra £10 for the SKY+ recording facility.
So the cheapest way you can get HD is £27 per month.

Last edited:

logiciel

Normally you'd be right about the £27 (I pay £28), but that's what has been reported, and I didn't think it was possible either, until the reports appeared.
There's logic in the way some (all?) of them got it - they were allowed to cancel SD, but couldn't cancel HD, so Sky had to make them keep paying for it one way or another, and generously:D allowed them to keep - and pay for - Sky+ as well!

mattclarkie

Novice Member
It was because you have to sign a 12month HD contract, but if you were outside of your SD contract then users who no longer wanted Sky just paid the remainder of the HD contract, but got rid of the SD subs. For most it was usually £60 remaining.

Looks like Sky have closed that loophole, so if you have an HD contract you are stuck with an SD contract until the 12months HD is over.

askpackers

Novice Member
Hi, just thought I would add, we pay £19 i think this is for 4 mixes a month but dropped the HD but still get CH4 & BBC HD sort of a compromise I guess but still get some HD.

logiciel

Mattclarkie: That ties up with my understanding of those cases, but I'm out of the 12 months and trying to find if there are any other cases.
askpackers: Don't you indulge yourself with Luxe HD?:D

BrianMc

Novice Member
Hi, just thought I would add, we pay £19 i think this is for 4 mixes a month but dropped the HD but still get CH4 & BBC HD sort of a compromise I guess but still get some HD.
You can do this if either you have had the "HD Mix" for longer than 12 months (and can thus cancel it) OR if you buy the Sky+HD box from eBay and/or secondhand and never take the HD Mix at all.

logiciel

As you couldn't use Sky+ you could as well buy any HD receiver as a Sky.

dr no

I don't watch Luxe HD. But it has one of the best pictures don't you think?

logiciel

Yes, that and the content make it like some decadent Roman entertainment....

askpackers

Novice Member
Mattclarkie: That ties up with my understanding of those cases, but I'm out of the 12 months and trying to find if there are any other cases.

Hi, I do watch Luxe as well impressive, and some of the pics of my new PJ on one of my links is from Luxe

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom