No HD output from my Sky HD!!

711ADE

Whilst in the process of moving house I bought a new Sky HD receiver from ebay. It has been matched to my viewing card and my subscription upgraded from the full package with multiroom to include HD too.

Although at the moment, it is saying that I need to call customer services again to enable recording and pausing etc of live tv for some strange reason - I will put in another call to customer services tonight.

The guys came round to install a new dish in the house, and run the two cables to the HD box and one to my old Sky+ box in the bedroom, connecting both to the telephone line.

Then my new tv arrived, the JVC LT-32DX7

However, when I connect the two together using the included Sky HDMI cable I do not get any picture at all, the TV simply does not seem to recognise that the box is connected. It works fine through SCART, but of course not the picture I have paid for!!!

Any ideas???

Thanks

Adrian

Although at the moment, it is saying that I need to call customer services again to enable recording and pausing etc of live tv for some strange reason - I will put in another call to customer services tonight.

It's my experience that I always needed to call a few times to get someone competent enough at their job to actually activate Sky+, HD, package upgrades etc.

I am just guessing here but I wonder if you have read the manual that came with the TV?????

Don't have a JVC but I think you will probably need to access the menu and set up an HDMI input in there somewhere.

The account problem is quite common with Sky........ E Mail [email protected] and complain. Lovely Beverlie will probably phone you and sort it out along with some compensation??????

The manual is pants, with very little mention of HD, mainly focussing on the wizardry of recording programs on the integrated digital tuner!?!!?

Where it does talk HD is in the trouble shooting section, but no mention of my 'no signal' blue screen.

I am expecting delivery of another HD TV in the next day or so, a Samsung, so will probably be able to find the problem through the process of elimination if I buy another HDMI cable too, but just cant wait to get it all going :(

I have a JVC LT-37ds6 - as far as I can remember, the HDMI socket worked straight away when I plugged in an upscaling dvd player and also a Sky HD box... no setting changes needed.

Could be have a fault on yours... either the Sky box, or the tv.
Was is a new box you bought on ebay, or second-hand?

Where it does talk HD is in the trouble shooting section, but no mention of my 'no signal' blue screen.

not the same tv, but on my LG I only get a blue screen when the hdmi connection is detected but the sky HD box is in standby.. if the hdmi is disconnected I get black screen and flashin 'no signal' text
as I say its a different TV so I have no idea if its the same for your JVC

The Sky HD box was new in a box, although the seal was broken so the seller could photograph it - apparently he knows an installer, which is how he gets them !?!?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....MEWN:IT&viewitem=&item=150068192552&rd=1&rd=1

Not a big saving, but didnt want to pay Sky ÂŁ60 to swap the boxes over!

Paid with Paypal, so not overly concerned if there is a problem and he messes me about.

I suppose once I chedck with the other panel it is going to narrow what appears to be a fault now down - was not sure if I had missed any settings for the output of the box or input of the tv.

Thanks for the help!!

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Can't help you with the HDMI Q but you should visit this forum more often - there are plenty of posts here showing you how to get a brand new SKY HD box for between £149 and £180.

Just joined today - but point taken (although sometimes purchases with the paypal account are very tax efficient!!). ;)

I had HD installed yesterday and was told to wait at least 4 hours for connection. Some 7 hours later I phoned sky and they paired the card to the box, I did ask that if I hadn't phoned would it have connected, probably not was the answer.

So, are you saying that if the card is not paired properly that I wont get an output from the HDMI interface on the Sky box, even though it shows that I have subscribed to the channels - well I can see them in 'normal' definition?

Or are you answering the record, pause query?? :)

i had this just phone through to the hd department, and they will send the updates to your card. do you have channels 4 & 5?

Whilst in the process of moving house I bought a new Sky HD receiver from ebay. It has been matched to my viewing card and my subscription upgraded from the full package with multiroom to include HD too.

The guys came round to install a new dish in the house, and run the two cables to the HD box and one to my old Sky+ box in the bedroom, connecting both to the telephone line.

Then my new tv arrived, the JVC LT-32DX7

However, when I connect the two together using the included Sky HDMI cable I do not get any picture at all, the TV simply does not seem to recognise that the box is connected. It works fine through SCART, but of course not the picture I have paid for!!!

Any ideas???

Thanks

Adrian
Have you actually selected the HDMI input via the use of your TV remote control? It may not turn onto that channel automatically like a scart does.
You should at least see the BBC channel in HD.

Cheers, Franc

Yep, all HD channels show on my subscription and can be viewed through the scart cable in normal definition. Also, I have slected the HDMI input on the tv through the av button on the remote, as it does not auto recognise the connection.

Finally tried it on another HD TV last night, so it is most likely a faulty box.

Anyone know where I can buy another new one - considering I am already a subscriber, so wont get any of the highstreet deals???

Are you sure the HDMI cable is okay? I'd try another one first. Also go into the picture output menu and try different output settings such as 720p.

Cheers, Franc

this could be a connectivity issue with sky.

either phone them and ask what the bezst connection for your tv is.
it may well be the hdmi cable (in which case get it replaced)
either that or connect it up with a componant cable.
works fine.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom