• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

No HD movies through componenet.

Jed

Found a problem last night.
Was gonna pay to watch Armageddon HD but it won't let me display it through component HD.
I do have the settings set to Component HD and because of the way i have mine set up cannot just swap the cable's.

What i would like to know is if i use my spare HDMI cable and leave it plugged into the socket on the V+ box and free other end will that cause a problem.

It's either that or buy a TV with 2 HDMI or get a switcher.

Cheers
Jed.

misterjingo

Was gonna pay to watch Armageddon HD but it won't let me display it through component HD.
I do have the settings set to Component HD and because of the way i have mine set up cannot just swap the cable's.

What i would like to know is if i use my spare HDMI cable and leave it plugged into the socket on the V+ box and free other end will that cause a problem.

Cheers
Jed.

I think protected HD content can only be played over a secure and encrypted line - HDMI. It's to do with digital rightss management and I don't think there is a way around it.

abraxus

Cheers
Jed.

It will cause a problem because if you connect to the HDMI on the V+ box it will disable the component output.

Only way would be to get a HDMI switchbox

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom