NO GOW Maps coz of Location

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by Ulysses31, Sep 4, 2007.

1. Ulysses31

Ulysses31
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got a free month trial of Xbox Live Gold membership when i purchased the Xbox cam. Since then i have now relocated to Greece and signed up to Live only to be seriously disappointed when i can't download what i want like the free GOW maps...:suicide:

To say i am pretty miffed is an understatement. I know Microshaft signed up for this regional content licensing but if it's free in the UK then it should be free in Europe. I can understand the issues with the US and Japan but this is beyond a joke. It's bad enough i can't download some demos and trailers but when it concerns free add on packs to top games it makes me wonder how much i would get for my 360 in exchange for a PS3... :mad:

I am just glad i didn't pay for a years subscription!!!

2. CounterWhine

CounterWhine

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +155
    Create a Silver account registered at an address in the UK and download them through that.

3. Ulysses31

Ulysses31
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks CounterWhine i will give that a go!! :smashin:

4. Ulysses31

Ulysses31
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    CounterWhine, i tried what you suggested only for the new profile to still have a Gold membership for one month free - thanks to Microsoft, so i will have to wait until the months out to be downgraded before i can download anything decent.

:(

5. SkilledNutter

SkilledNutter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +395

Market Place works by IP Address and not where the account is registered. I have a US Registered Account but cannot download Trailers etc due to my IP Location.

I am afraid no matter what account you have you will not be able to download the map pack until the region protection is lifted or it gets a release in your area.

6. Ulysses31

Ulysses31
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This region content is going to lose MS alot of customers including me. I have now cancelled my copy of Halo 3 due to the problems i have had with GOW. I wont be renewing my membership after this free trial UNTIL MS have resolved this ridiculous licensing issue.:suicide:
    How can they possibly not support countries if they sell the product like GOW and then will not allow customers to download the maps. It's beyond a joke..
    As usual MS have managed to upset gamers and faithfull followers of its console line by bringing in an update that in my case wont allow me to play with other gamers due to not having the maps....:thumbsdow

I think they should remember that Sony offer free download and online service without stupid restrictions and THIS is where they will take the rug from underneath them. So i have just ordered my PS3...
    So now all i am left with is a glorified door stopper....

7. greektony

greektony

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    I thought that was still in the post hahahahaha