No games I want to buy..

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by Bomer, Jan 9, 2008.

1. Bomer

Bomer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Had a ps3 since christmas, and I still haven't bothered buying a game, brother has fifa so I just grab that all the time.

There isn't one game atm which appeals to me that much.

COD4 - Heard it's not such a long game :/
    RFoM - Could be worth a purchase now as it's cheap
    Uncharted - Liked the Tomb Raider series so this is also a possibility.
    Assassins Creed - Advised against due to repetitive gameplay
    Ratchet & Clank - Don't know why, but doesn't really strike me as a ps3 game! Probably a bit of fun but a bit "last platform" feel to it

Probably don't want to part with £40 with something I'd get bored of quickly! Suppose it's better than blowin that money on a night out though.

Usually like to play against mates etc when they come round, but fifa seems the only good multiplayer game atm.

Haze and Army of Two will both be getting bought, but still, over a year after release and nothing grabbing me too much, Slightly worrying, but I suppose it's normal as you get older, as a kid you'd be excited no matter what game was coming out!

(Feels like there is less genres too, even though there is probably more, alot of FPS's about?)

2. Tigerblade

Tigerblade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +590
    Don't see the point in the thread tbh, you seem to have made you mind up and are passing on some very good games, your perogotive I guess.....

MotorStorm, Dirt - Racing
    Uncharted, Ratchet - Platform
    UT3,CoD4,TF2 - fps
    Fifa08 - footy
    Oblivion - rpg

That's without mentioning some big hitters like Assasins and Heavenly Sword.

Sure someone who does wanna play the games would buy your console tho, that's one thing for certain!

3. Spinke

Spinke

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +608
    CoD4 is very good, especially if you have three mates round (I think the PS3 version does 4 player splitscreen, 360 one definitely does), online is also very strong.

The others you've listed are also all very good, Assassin's Creed is best not rushed but I enjoyed every moment of playing it. You should be able to get most of those for near £30 a pop online, at worst you won't like whichever game you buy and sell it off again for a small loss (or borrow some?). You won't know unless you try ;).

4. Mickus

Mickus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +332
    Why not just rent some then?

5. Fifty

Fifty

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    Did you get it as a present or buy it yourself ???

I would definitely recommend COD4. Yeah, the single player campaign is pretty short (took me about 9 hours on the normal setting) but is brilliant.

Equally, Drakes Fortune is one of the best games I've played in years. YOu can get it for about £32 online as well.

6. m4rkie23

m4rkie23

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +192
    Couldnt agree more! and to confirm, COD4 on PS3 has got a 4player splitscreen! Online can only be described as incredible. and is prob the best game ive ever played for overall game enjoyment, graphical content etc!

7. Bomer

Bomer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Motorstorm is limited isn't it? Few tracks, no splitscreen? That's the downside to that.

Renting, never liked it, too lazy to take the damn things back on time, had a few out the other week, racing ones, and none were that good, but then again, they were like arcadey racing games.

Now I didn't know CoD4 was splitscreen, that could be interesting, is it co-op or just to blast each other?

UT3 isn't out yet is it? o_O

Most purchases seem to be in the future still :( Not long till Haze though right?

As for AC and best not rushed, that actually could be the best idea considering I am usually out and about atm anyway, so that could pass the time till Haze.. :thumbsup:

8. dgjlee

dgjlee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Beer + Freinds + Guitar Hero 3 = Awsome :cool:

9. Widge

Widge

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +132
    RE: short games

I did Metal Gear Solid on the PS1 in a weekend after buying it. Absolutely no complaints about length. It was an absolute joy to play. And even replay, just for the experience. Don't get put off by length. Also remember COD4 has the 'unlimited playtime' of multiplayer on board.

Warhawk has no single player mode at all, so thats no game length, but I absolutely rake in the hours on it (66 hours to date apparently...)

10. Widge

Widge

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +132
    It is if you get it from Videogamesplus!

Motorstorm is ace too. The tracks, ok, there are only a few (apart from the fact that they have been adding tracks on PSN recently, which is nice support)... but they are massive and full of character. There are loads of challenging tickets to get through on it, plus again there is multiplayer.

Really good fun game actually. Plus, how cheap must it be now?

11. Bomer

Bomer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Got the PS3 as a present, as I did want one, still do, but there were a few christmas period releases which got pushed back (should have seen it coming tbh) so I was left not really wanting any at the time, so just used to ps3 for other stuff for now.

It's probably between Assassins Creed and Uncharted which I will get, as both seem like decent games.

12. Bomer

Bomer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    I'm not really a big fan of online gaming atm, usually just stresses me completely out as you get those people who seem to be unbeatable at everything :p

Plus, moved PS3 into the other room and waiting on some homeplugs to be delivered before its back on the net, should only be a couple days anyway tbh

13. Fifty

Fifty

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    For what it's worth, and I have both, if you're picking one I'd go for Uncharted.

I have found AC to get repetitive at times. Had no problems with a single thing in Uncharted, it was a joy to play. One of very few games that, to me, has the lure of a replay.

14. Bomer

Bomer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Ah cool, thanks for that! Think I'll go with Uncharted!

One thing I've noticed compared to back in the day, you'd never know many people to complete a game out of your friends, it was like cool when it happened, but everyone online completes them uber quick!

15. Mickus

Mickus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +332
    Get your PS3 hooked up to the net...

16. Sinzer

Sinzer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,120
    Uncharted is the best single player by far.

COD4 is the best online (and there are not that many unbeatables on it, unless you are really pants tbh).

Singstar is also great fun if you have mates round to play with lots of beer.

17. Dan81

Dan81

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    the only thing im playing on the PS3 at the mo is tomb raider anniversary for PS2.

18. lucasisking

lucasisking
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20,563
    Drake's fortune is indeed a wise choice. From what I hear, many reviewers are advising people to trade in their copies of Assassin's Creed for it. To be honest, I played a bit of AC on the 360 and it didn't make me want to rush out and buy it. Drakes is awesome, as is Ratchet & Clank. By the way, don't dismiss Ratchet & Clank for being a cartoony type of game: it is hugely addictive fun and gorgeous to behold- really benefitting from the next gen graphics.

Thats sad. Not into next-gen games then?

19. elSprogo

elSprogo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Since you like playing against your mates, I'd recommend NHL 08. It's a fantastic game :smashin: That is, if you're not a complete stranger to ice-hockey, but even then, it doesn't take too much time to learn the basics :)

20. D@Z

[email protected]

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +74
    I think you need to do a bit of reading on Army of Two. I've been looking forward more than anyone to this but since people got their hands on some code (last few weeks) its become a total no-no. Reviewers rate it as possible the worst next gen title to date :(

21. marauder6666

marauder6666

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    Army of Two is an EA game, which gives it 75%+ chance of being a bad 360 port on the PS3 :(

22. Gordie

Gordie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Totally agree. I originally got the PS3 for the bluray player and didn't think I would play games much on it, but I got Ratchet & Clank and can't put the bloody thing down. Its a fantastic game and looks stunning.

23. Bomer

Bomer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Can you guys give me any links/info on the downside to Army of Two please?

Hmm, Ratchet and Clank, might get that too! If it's as enjoyable as people make it out to be

24. Dan81

Dan81

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Yes, but Im a bit bored of my limited collection (Skate, Motorstorm, Ratchet & Clank, Ridge Racer 7, Lego Star Wars Complete Saga)......and still waiting for delivery of Uncharted. Still, Its a great game....just don't put it on straight after watching any HD stuff!

25. lucasisking

lucasisking
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20,563
    I know what you mean- my collection is pretty pathetic (4 games). But as a family man I get far less time to play, so even short games can last me for weeks! Sorry to be abrupt with you earlier by the way- it sounded like you were being obnoxious about PS3 games in general. Wait till you play Uncharted, mate. You won't be disappointed. :smashin:

26. del boy

del boy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    COD4 is a good game, a little short but well worth it!
    Colin Mcrae Dirt is also a good driving game, i've only used motor storm once and its on ebay now.

sega rally is fun, i want to get RRacer 7 but a second hand one off ebay.

time to get a second controller for COD4!

27. coluigi

coluigi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +86
    I fixed your message for you.

28. Dann'sTheMan

Dann'sTheMan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +55
    Resistance:FOM is my first ever (and only) First Person Shooter. It took me a while to stump up the courage to go online (used the single player to get up the learning curve) and sure I got spanked when I did. The thing is, I don't really care about my stats - I mean what do they really matter? So, I just went for it, and tried to become half-way decent, then a contender, then the rush of winning my first ranked deathmatch on Resistance was amazing (I ran and told the wife! :rotfl:).

Basically, as much I enjoy having a games night with friends, I now think that playing against more seasoned (and challenging) opponents online is at least as much fun. I thought I might not ever buy a single-player game again until I picked up Heavenly Sword, and got thoroughly drawn into the story (an excellent interactive movie imo). :cool:

I definitely recommend Resistance - the single player campaign has a great story (could be an old BBC sci-fi plot :) ). Games I can't wait to buy next include Uncharted, COD4, Ratchet & Clank and maybe Unreal Tournament III. :smashin:

Big smiles,

Andy.

29. Jay

Jay
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,081
    I've made a correction to your post :) Honestly though if you enjoyed playing online in resistance you will love ut3, it is the best online game I've played. :smashin:

30. Fifty

Fifty

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    It did start off sounding pretty good, but the more I see of it, the more uninterested I get.

From what I remember it looks like two GOW characters running round in a run-of-the-mill shoot em up.

I'm also starting to feel indifferent about Haze. Dont know why, maybe just fed up with it being sooooo hyped up. I can't see it being as good as is being made out.