• Welcome to AVForums running Xenforo 2.2. The upgrade from 2.1 was successful and finished in just 90 minutes, well before 8am. The most notable changes in 2.2 are listed in this post.

No front display panel on Panny dmr-ex85

ian lochrie

Standard Member
After 2 new dvd drives fitted on my Panasonic dmr ex85 (the first faulty)i have just had it returned to me from the insurers repair company in Swindon just to find that the front display panel has not come on . I noticed it instantly tuned in from the on screen way and can access the hard drive this way but the unit looks dead to look at .Any ideas as obviosly I am going back to them for a third time I was wondering if they were anything in the menu as i am sick at not having my recorder since easter now

Gavtech

Administrator
Hi Ian.

This is bad luck for you.

Simply poor shabby servicing. It should have had a final check to spot this.

I don't think there is anything you can do to it in that condition.

What was wrong with the first replacement drive?

ian lochrie

Standard Member
Thanks Gavtech , the unit originally went back a day before easter as discs firstly would not finalise and then would not recognised which was diagnosed to need a new DVD drive .It was returned to me at the beginning of May sometime , stuck in a disc to try , could not detect it or any other discs i tried, phoned them and sent it back again .2 weeks passed and the engineer informed me that they could not find a fault , I asked why it took this long - 2 week for me to phone them , he replied by telling me he will have a final look and send it back .Surprise suprise he phoned me back that a fault was then picked up and sent for a replacment `mac`. Returned yesterday for the new problem
:suicide::suicide:

Gavtech

Administrator
Better luck this time!

I know it will be frustrating.

It sounds like you need to start being a bit of a nuisance to this engineer. Given the runaround you've had it's a job that should be prioritised out of simple decency and fairness.

Good luck.

ian lochrie

Standard Member
:smashin:Just been informed that because it has been back 3 times the insurers have agreed to replace the unit , hopefully it will be a like for like 250gb hard drive but i will hold my breathe , also a little sad at all the things i will lose on my hard drive but never mind another 100 hours + to fill :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom