No Freeview Play? Samsung TU8500

mickkk

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've recently bought the 55" Samsung TU8500 on a deal, but have just found out this set does not include Freeview Play.

I plan on watching TV through NowTV app, so I'm trying to work out whether this will impact me in any way? Also, I can't work out whether the TV still has access to all of the usual UK catch-up apps (BBC iplayer, ITV on demand etc.).

Apologies, this will seem a basic question for most but I've tried researching what Freeview Play actually is but am getting confused. The TV is still in its box so I don't want to take it out until I'm sure as its quite a big purchase for me.

Cheers in advance

Last edited:
What do you mean by you bought it “on a deal”?
All TV's sold in the UK have Freeview.
Do you have a working terrestrial aerial?, that's all you need.

It means I got it for a good price?
Edit: just realised why you were confused, I wrote Freeview TV when I should have said Freeview Play - thread now updated.

It wont have the Freeview Play app but it will have all the catchup players like Iplayer and ITV Hub etc.

I've recently got the 50 version of this TV and it's great but one big drawback! It's not very good with 4k HDR, only really works on the dynamic mode.
But it's great with everything else.
Just not bright enough with the backlight, think I should have gone for the 60t qled.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom