1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Freeview pic on 435 XDE

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by mikesimm, Jul 31, 2005.

1. mikesimm

mikesimm
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    New to Plasmas and freeview but quite experience with general AV. I have bought the pioneer 435 xde and I am really happy with most of it. My problem is that when I try to tune in or watch freeview, I get perfect stereo sound but no picture at all. DVDs, anaologue and sky are all perfect, but when I go to the DTV setting to set up freeview, the screen goes black apart from the top right which tells me the programme and that it is stereo. I had guessed that as sound is perfect there was some other problem with picture, but what I need to know is, could my aerial be good enough to pick up perfect sound but no picure at all ? I'd like to have freeview so I can use the PIP option. Thanks

2. neilmcl

neilmcl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +290
    I know this might sound a bit obvious but are you sure you can actually fully receive a Freeview signal in your area?

3. ikon66

ikon66

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    have you got the aerial plugged into the media box first then looped to other av equip?

can you get analogue pic and sound ok?

4. mikesimm

mikesimm
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi _ Yes aerial plugged into the digital RF socket on the media box then a cable looped from the output to the analogue input. Like I say, I'm sure the cabling is OK as I have freeview audio coming through loud and clear.

I know I can get freeview in this area, but I'm not 100% sure if my aerial is good enough to receive it. I'm back to this uncertainty that if I have perfect freeview audio should I also be getting picture. Any help you can offer would be appreciated. Mike

5. mikesimm

mikesimm
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    analogue pic and sound perfect