No free 3D Blu Ray or Shrek collection if bought in Comet...

moelda

Established Member
Reaction score
As the tittle indicates...
I bought the PS50C700 on Thursday in Comet. I went to the Samsung Website to register the TV and found out about the offer for any 3D LCD or Plasmas bought between the 15th of November and the 5th? of Jan.
I contacted Comet and they said I needed to speak to Samsung itself. I did contact Samsung and spoke to a guy named Tom? ( call centre in Egypt ) who told me after about 20 minutes of having to repeat myself that it is the retailer the one to provide me with the "freebies". I contacted yet again Comet and was told that I am not entittled as they don't have that offer....

Does anybody know a way around this???

( I have already sent a letter to Samsung, but my best guess is that I won't get a reply from them...)

Don't know if the offer applies to any samsung set but I bought a ps50c680 pack yesterday from comet call centre and have been told it includes a player and shrek pack and 3 pairs of glasses.
Mind you the email confirmation I got only mentions the actual tv and none of the extras. May give them a follow up phone call to make sure what I'm actually due to get.

im pretty sure ive seen somewhere its valid on all 3d tv's, if so dont let them mug you off mate!

why not look on john lewis website and richer sounds to see if they have it as a bundle. if so get them to match it, or re-order from them

I work at Comet and they do have a free 3D Blu Ray (Shrek 3D), however as far as I am aware it is only part of a promotion with the 3D blu ray player. I know there is an offer with a 50" Samsung 3D plasma with 3D blu ray player (with Shrek 3D) and 3d Glasses for £899. Not 100% on the model of the TV though. However to avoid uncertainty the Shrek 3D only comes free with the 3D blu ray player. Some TV offers a free 3D blu ray player and that is where you would get the free Shrek 3D. When did you buy the TV? Comet operates a 14 day price promise. Check the Comet website and see if there is a 3D blu ray player packaged with your TV, if there is and its within 14 days then you can get that deal, just go back with your receipt to you local store.

I must add that 90% of the free blu rays offered by manufacturers are actually by redemption rather than carried by the store. For instance I bought the Panasonic 50VT20 and I qualify for 4 free 3D blu ray titles but that is by redemption. If its a manufacturer driven promotion they generally ask that you buy from an authorised dealer which Comet will be.

Hope this helps.

Dan

Unfortunately this offer seems to apply only to the 680 and not the C7000 ( according to Comet, of course... )
I might end up going to the Samsung House in Chertsey... hehehee
I knew about the 14 days. I keep looking on the net to see when Currys will have the C7000 back in stock for a cheaper price, so I can claim the Price Match thingy... According to a Currys' employee, they will have them in stock on the 3rd... let's hope for that!!!!

Last edited:
I work at Comet and they do have a free 3D Blu Ray (Shrek 3D), however as far as I am aware it is only part of a promotion with the 3D blu ray player. I know there is an offer with a 50" Samsung 3D plasma with 3D blu ray player (with Shrek 3D) and 3d Glasses for £899. Not 100% on the model of the TV though. However to avoid uncertainty the Shrek 3D only comes free with the 3D blu ray player. Some TV offers a free 3D blu ray player and that is where you would get the free Shrek 3D. When did you buy the TV? Comet operates a 14 day price promise. Check the Comet website and see if there is a 3D blu ray player packaged with your TV, if there is and its within 14 days then you can get that deal, just go back with your receipt to you local store.

I must add that 90% of the free blu rays offered by manufacturers are actually by redemption rather than carried by the store. For instance I bought the Panasonic 50VT20 and I qualify for 4 free 3D blu ray titles but that is by redemption. If its a manufacturer driven promotion they generally ask that you buy from an authorised dealer which Comet will be.

Hope this helps.

Dan

Thanks Dan for the reply. It was the package i bought with the 680 and player so i should be ok for the Shrek pack as well. May still call the centr again just to make sure as it doesn't mention any of the extras on my email just the actual tv.

you need to check the promotion t&c on samsung home page and simply demand the promotion package at the point of sale. Initially the store may try to push back, like they did in my case, but you have to be quite persistent. It took me 30min on the phone with samsung customer service (very friendly), few calls back and forth to get the promotion package for C7000.

If a consumer purchases a qualifying Samsung 3D TV (which is all Samsung 3D televisions except the LED 9000 series) from a participating retailer during the period 11 November 2010 to 5 January 2011 (the "Promotional Period") they shall be entitled at the point of purchase only to claim a BD-C5900 player, plus Blu-ray copies of Shrek, Shrek 2 and Shrek the Third in 3D...

you need to check the promotion t&c on samsung home page and simply demand the promotion package at the point of sale. Initially the store may try to push back, like they did in my case, but you have to be quite persistent. It took me 30min on the phone with samsung customer service (very friendly), few calls back and forth to get the promotion package for C7000.

If a consumer purchases a qualifying Samsung 3D TV (which is all Samsung 3D televisions except the LED 9000 series) from a participating retailer during the period 11 November 2010 to 5 January 2011 (the "Promotional Period") they shall be entitled at the point of purchase only to claim a BD-C5900 player, plus Blu-ray copies of Shrek, Shrek 2 and Shrek the Third in 3D...

What are you saying, that you are on the same situation I am but you convinced them?
How?
What phone number did you call?
Etc... lol

I called samsung customer service number I found on sam uk home page. I explained that the retailer where I bought my TV claims that C7000 is not included in promotion. I asked them (or in fact demanded) that they call the store directly and sort it all out. They indeed solved it in less then 30min and called me back to confirm it. :clap:

The package was sent by the store next day delivery - bd5900, pair of glasses and shrek br set. I bought my TV from a very well known online store.

Last edited:
I am still battling with them
SO far, I have managed to agree with Samsung that I am entitled to it and they have given me a Request Number and a Samsung Reference number. They Samsung call centre is based in Egypt and they can't make any outbound calls ( according to the woman I spoke to although she was quite helpful, I have to say )
I then called Comet...30 minutes over the phone.... and still nothing. They said they can't call Samsung...!!!
She told me that they don't have this offer on the C7000 but on the C680 and therefore I should get this "freebies" from Samsung directly. I kept telling her that Samsung can not deal with the end user but through distributors, retailers... The thing is that Comet will not lose nothing here as they would be able to claim the freebies directly from Samsung!!!
In the end she told me that they would provide me with the freebies if I was to pay the difference between their actual price ( £1399) and the money I paid for the TV ( £1229 ).... ***!!!??? Not much offer there as I would be paying the whole price of the 3D Blu Ray!!!

Anyway, we have scheduled a call from one of the managers within 4 hours...
So... the battle is still on.... AND I AM GONNA WIN IT!!!!!

PS: df1603, what large retailer did you get the TV from??

this is the number I called: 0330 SAMSUNG (7267864), alternatively you can call this number: +44 (0)1932 454358, from samsung home page/contact details.
I dont think they were based overseas as they were quite familiar with the UK market and called the store right away. Make sure to qoute their own terms and conditions of the promotion. Good luck and dont give up.

also, why dont you email Comet this link to the samsung t&c, it clearly states what is included and who should provide the package:
Samsung Terms and Conditions

Last edited:
I'm on manager callback with Comet too!! They are £"£!£!"£!£!!!!!!!

They keep declining my Amex card and refuse to speak to Amex...

Round Three..... and got nothing.... YET

Comet: Nothing. Send us a letter if you want
Samsung ( Egypt): Out of our hands. We can't contact the retailer
But at least they gave me the phone number for the Headquarters.
I called the number at 17:03 and got a message saying that their offices are now closed and their opening hours are from 09:00 to 17:15!!!! ( I wonder if I am traveling back in time...)

I guess.... Round Four is due tomorrow then

Just emailed amazon to ask about shrek and free glasses and whether player is includd with c7000.

I´ve not ordered yet, but if I was going to order a c7000 now I would add a player and then hassle amazon for a refund.

Rereading Samsung offer, it looks like you only get one set of glasses with the plasma TV, the one in the box, so looks like those sites offering extra glasses are confused as those offering no shrek!

Samsung 3D TV - Shrek | SAMSUNG

Receive a FREE Samsung 3D Blu-ray player (BD-C5900) and complete Shrek Blu-ray 3D collection when you purchase any Samsung 3D TV (excluding the 9000 series) between 11th November 2010 and 5th January 2011 (inclusive). This includes up to two pairs of battery operated 3D glasses* and Shrek, Shrek 2, Shrek the Third, which you receive at the point of purchase, plus the option to send away for Shrek Forever After.

*Two pairs of glasses available when purchasing a Samsung 3D LED TV. One pair of glasses available when purchasing a Samsung 3D LCD/Plasma TV.

T&Cs 3.
For Samsung 3D LED TVs, there will also be one pair of battery operated 3D glasses free inside the TV box and another available at point of purchase from the retailer. For Samsung 3D LCD and Plasma TVs, one pair of glasses will be in the TV box.

Just emailed amazon to ask about shrek and free glasses and whether player is includd with c7000.

I´ve not ordered yet, but if I was going to order a c7000 now I would add a player and then hassle amazon for a refund.

Rereading Samsung offer, it looks like you only get one set of glasses with the plasma TV, the one in the box, so looks like those sites offering extra glasses are confused as those offering no shrek!

Samsung 3D TV - Shrek | SAMSUNG

Receive a FREE Samsung 3D Blu-ray player (BD-C5900) and complete Shrek Blu-ray 3D collection when you purchase any Samsung 3D TV (excluding the 9000 series) between 11th November 2010 and 5th January 2011 (inclusive). This includes up to two pairs of battery operated 3D glasses* and Shrek, Shrek 2, Shrek the Third, which you receive at the point of purchase, plus the option to send away for Shrek Forever After.

*Two pairs of glasses available when purchasing a Samsung 3D LED TV. One pair of glasses available when purchasing a Samsung 3D LCD/Plasma TV.

T&Cs 3.
For Samsung 3D LED TVs, there will also be one pair of battery operated 3D glasses free inside the TV box and another available at point of purchase from the retailer. For Samsung 3D LCD and Plasma TVs, one pair of glasses will be in the TV box.

I haven't even mentioned about the glasses as I fully understood it when I first read it ( but I will get to that too at some point... hehehe )
All I want is the free BR and the Films.... it ain't much to ask, is it??? Well, at least not when I am allegedly entitled to it..

and Samsung UK said it is all down to the reseller,going against their own terms and conditions as Comet is not on their list of non-participating resellers.... *******!!!
Running out of options here.
Nothing but a complaint letter to Comet which will definitely be of no use at all... but I will still do it :(

Last edited by a moderator:
As the tittle indicates...
I bought the PS50C700 on Thursday in Comet. I went to the Samsung Website to register the TV and found out about the offer for any 3D LCD or Plasmas bought between the 15th of November and the 5th? of Jan.
I contacted Comet and they said I needed to speak to Samsung itself. I did contact Samsung and spoke to a guy named Tom? ( call centre in Egypt ) who told me after about 20 minutes of having to repeat myself that it is the retailer the one to provide me with the "freebies". I contacted yet again Comet and was told that I am not entittled as they don't have that offer....

Does anybody know a way around this???

( I have already sent a letter to Samsung, but my best guess is that I won't get a reply from them...)

Hi moelda,

My name's Andy, from Comet.

I would firstly like to say sorry for the trouble you have had with this matter.

After speaking with the buying team I have been advised that we were only notified in the last 24 hours that this model of Samsung TV was part of this offer. This will be updated on our website as soon as possible to avoid any further confusion. To be able to get the rest of the package that you are entitled to, would it be possible for you to return to the store you bought your TV from so that they can arrange a refund and then sell you the correct package. If you should experience any problems with this, please email me using the below link and quote your username in your message.

Kind regards,

Andy

Andy,

Can you give any clearer indication of when this might be available to order?

Thanks

Hi moelda,

My name's Andy, from Comet.

I would firstly like to say sorry for the trouble you have had with this matter.

After speaking with the buying team I have been advised that we were only notified in the last 24 hours that this model of Samsung TV was part of this offer. This will be updated on our website as soon as possible to avoid any further confusion. To be able to get the rest of the package that you are entitled to, would it be possible for you to return to the store you bought your TV from so that they can arrange a refund and then sell you the correct package. If you should experience any problems with this, please email me using the below link and quote your username in your message.

Kind regards,

Andy

WOW......
Well... if this is for real..heheheh...I have sent you an email through the link on your signature
Best regards

Andy,

Can you give any clearer indication of when this might be available to order?

Thanks

I guess the call you were expecting didnt go the way you wanted...
I didnt even get the call from the manager, but from the same co-ordinator, who told me that the Manager ( I did get the name of the manager ) was "too busy" to talk to me and their decision was final...

Moelda, I didn't even get a callback. The guy I spoke to and his team leader are completely useless scumbags quite frankly.

I told the guy I wasn't getting off the phone until a manager spoke to me... he told me it was impossible to speak to anyone as EVERYONE was busy in the call centre... I said I would stay on the phone until someone was free, he refused. He then went to ask his manager if they could do a call back (how comes he can speak to this manager but i'm told i can't?!?!) and surprise surprise, not heard a peep back after being promised a callback. Gonna be writing a letter to head office just to tell them how disgusted I am. He even had the cheek to say to me "perhaps you shouldn't shop here"... (the problem was that their Amex payment system wasn't working correctly and they refused to call Amex's merchant services department to fix it).

Andy, if you see this - what's your complaints procedure please? The moron that I had the displeasure to speak to refused to tell me and claimed that Comet don't have one! /rant over!

got a reply form amazon and they said they are not a particpating store in this offer so no shrek, or player with the c7000.

I went to comet and brought a new samsung 3D bluray player on its own for £179.99 and got all the 3D shrek films with it for free,
I just had to register for the last film on the samsung site.
I then just sold my Sony 3D PLAYER FOR £80

I went to comet and brought a new samsung 3D bluray player on its own for £179.99 and got all the 3D shrek films with it for free,
I just had to register for the last film on the samsung site.
I then just sold my Sony 3D PLAYER FOR £80

Hi Sheldon

What TV do you own and when did u buy it?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom