1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No EPG on Sky Digital

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by MikeyB, Mar 15, 2002.

1. MikeyB

MikeyB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    For about a week or so, I have not had any EPG listings on my Panny Sky Digital Box.

The programs show in the little on-screen "pop-up" box while borwsing channels, but if I go into TV Guide, and select anything from 1-8, all I get is "Searching for listings", I've left it on this screen for at least an hour hoping it would find them!

Apart from that, I have tried everything I can think of. Unblupgged from mains many many times, tried a software upgrade by holding down the backup button (didnt do anything after hours!), and a new install via the hidden menu.

Has anyone got any ideas I could try before I have the pleasure(?) :rolleyes: of calling Sky!!!!!!

Cheers
    MikeyB

2. gbmitie

gbmitie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    Have a look round the back and check the sat connection. Make sure the bare wire bit is not broken and that it has been cut back to the correct length. Check for kinks as well.

gbmitie

3. MikeyB

MikeyB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanx gbmitie for your idea. I've check the sat cable, no kinks, all connections look ok, and its all tight and secure.

I disconnected the sat cable and checked it out, all ok.

4. Neil69

Neil69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    :) Hi, have you tried a forced software update?
    If you don't know how to do this, here goes:- first unplug your receiver, then press the backup button on the digibox & at the same time plug it back in. Then keep pressing the Sky button on your remote until it comes back on. You should get a message on your screen telling you what is happening. If you still have the same problem, phone Sky as your box may be faulty.
    Cheers, Neil
    :cool: :cool: :cool:

5. MikeyB

MikeyB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Neil.

Yeah I have tried to do a forced software update, TRIED being the word!
    I went out and left it for about 3 hours but it still had not done as update, the message saying it should take 10 minutes was still on the screen!!

Looks like I'll have fun phoning Sky!!! Wish me luck!!!! :eek:

6. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    when this happens to me, I reboot the box and it recovers (reboot by unlpugging the power cord, pugging it in and wait a few mins before switching back on)

Works for me!

7. MikeyB

MikeyB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK, update!!

After phoning Sky 3 times and taking me through all the usual reboot, and even trying to do another software update, they admitted that there is a known fault with some Panasonic boxes that they dont update the software properly, and they are looking into it.
    As such, they wont do anything about it :(

So, I was wondering, if I get a cheap box off e-bay or somewhere, will it work with my viewing card. A friend of mine says if I put my card in another box I wont get any of the premium channels (movies and sports) I'm signed up for. Does anyone know if this is correct?

Cheers
    Mike

8. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    Your friend is correct but there is nothing stopping you from authorising your existing smartcard to work in the new box.

Frankly I'd get back to SKY, not having EPG listings is a serious fault in a digibox and if under warranty should be replaced with no question, if it's out of warranty it should still be replaced but they can charge you the £60 call out.