No engineer for another 4 days.

New Start Neil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well mine started going horribly blocky about half an hour ago while I was watching Sky Sports 1 HD (Chelsea v Liverpool) followed by the "No satellite signal is being received" message, & I've now lost all my channels. :thumbsdow

I've rung Sky, & the earliest they can get an engineer to me is Thursday (Sunday today). :eek: :thumbsdow

Is that really acceptable for what I would describe as a premium service?

AFIAK there is nothing much you can do if all the engineers are busy, what area are you in?

tell them to reduce your bill for this month,why should we pay for something we cant watch

Azzin said:
Well mine started going horribly blocky about half an hour ago while I was watching Sky Sports 1 HD (Chelsea v Liverpool) followed by the "No satellite signal is being received" message, & I've now lost all my channels. :thumbsdow

I've rung Sky, & the earliest they can get an engineer to me is Thursday (Sunday today). :eek: :thumbsdow

Is that really acceptable for what I would describe as a premium service?

Hi Azzin,

I had this same issue today (im in Camberley) and I think you will find it was down to the poor weather conditions and thunderstorms we are having:)

I am going to change my Sky dish and lnb to stop this. I am looking at a Triax TD54 dish and Edison 0.2db lnb. Should solve the problem:thumbsup:

ROBERTT said:
Hi Azzin,

I had this same issue today (im in Camberley) and I think you will find it was down to the poor weather conditions and thunderstorms we are having:)

I am going to change my Sky dish and lnb to stop this. I am looking at a Triax TD54 dish and Edison 0.2db lnb. Should solve the problem:thumbsup:

The thing was, the problem started happening about 15 mnutes before it started raining....:suicide:

had similar thing for about few minutes few days ago. checked siganl and it wasn't registering. Watched it for a fe minutes and it slowly came back to normal reading along with the picture.
I think it's just the weather.

Azzin said:
The thing was, the problem started happening about 15 mnutes before it started raining....:suicide:

Rain comes from ~directly overhead. The signal comes in at a very shallow angle from over the equator. It was someone else's weather located South South East of you experiencing the bad weather that was degrading your signal!

During spring / summer, (showery weather) I have experienced that delayed signal loss many times. I take it as a warning to get the garden chair cushions under cover.

I just had to share these emails from Sky.....

Me to Sky said:
Dear Sir/Madam,

Yesterday, whilst watching the Liverpool v Chelsea match on Sky Sports 1 HD the picture suddenly became very blocky & unwatchable, a short while later the picture went off & I was presented with the error message "No satellite signal is being received"

I rebooted the HD box several times, but this did not resolve the issue.

I have spoken to your Customer Service department, & then your Technical department, who informed me after several tests that I would need a visit by an engineer and that the earliest they could offer me was next Thursday.

This is wholly unacceptable for a premium product such as Sky HD, & I would like someone to assess this situation & arrange an engineer for tomorrow Monday 14/08/06, as to be left without any television channels due to a fault with a product that is a few months old is simply not acceptable.

My account details are as follows:

Please contact me on my mobile number to arrange what time the engineer will be arriving, or if there is anything else you would like to know.

Regards

This was the response I got...

Sky CSR #1 said:
Thank you for your email concerning the recent viewing problems you have been experiencing.

I have checked your Sky account and can confirm that a service call has been booked for 17/08/2006. The engineer will contact you before 9.00am on the day of the service call with his estimated time of arrival.

If this date is unsuitable please call us on 08705 95 95 95 and select Option 2 giving the job reference number ********.

Should you require further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me at the above email address.

Kind regards

<Name Removed>
Customer Relations

Why bother emailing me to tell me what I already know (engineer booked 17/08/06), & not bother to address my points? :rolleyes:

My reply....

Me said:
Dear Mr ******,

With respect, did you actually bother to read my email?

I think not, as if you had you would have realised that the 17th is this Thursday & that my email made the point that a 4 day wait is unacceptable.

Please do not bother sending useless replies like this again, please take the time to read what the customer has written & do not email back confirming what the customer already knows & is already unhappy about.

Regards.

My subsequent reply....

Sky CSR #2 said:
Dear Ms ******,

It would appear that there are no staff that actually read their customer's emails.

If you had read the email that you had replied to you would have realised that in fact NOTHING had been resolved.

Could someone one of the 3 email addresses I have emailed about my issue please work this issue out?

I have included in on this email James Murdoch's office so that he may be able to see the incompetancy that I have had to endure.

Regards

How hard can it be?
banghead.gif

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom