No eARC after OLED65CX5LB 3.10.44 firmware update

Volemangler

Novice Member
Hi.

I'm new to the forum having just replaced the AV gear in my sitting room after about 15 years. Still had lots of toslink and component video cables hanging around and instruction manuals chiselled in granite.
Anyway, I've just updated to a nice new LG OLED65CX5LB and a Yamah RX-V6A receiver, both of which are so advanced and complicated in comparison to what I'm used to that I find myself a little out of my depth, so I'm hoping some seasoned home-expert may be able to shed some light on my problem.

The main issue I have with the setup is with eARC. When I first plumbed in the TV, receiver and 7.1, eARC seemed to work fine (we're only talking about 48 hours ago here). I could see reference to "eARC" not just "ARC" in the TV's menus and status displays. The TV's Prime Video app was sending audio to all the speakers whilst watching 5.1 encoded material. Didn't try any 7.1. Anyway, a few hours into "testing" the stuff, the TV did a firmware update to v3.10.44. After that, I noticed I was only getting ARC performance, with just stereo channels returned to the receiver. Nothing from any of the surrounds. The TV now has no reference to "eARC" in its menus or displays anywhere. It's like eARC never existed. No amount of menu-surfing can bring it back.

Has 30.10.44 been a retrograde step?

Have you tried: -

* Disconnecting the mains power from all your AV gear (ie: not placing in standby).
* Waiting for a minimum of 30 seconds.
* And re-connecting the mains power?

Cheers

Volemangler

Novice Member
Have you tried: -

* Disconnecting the mains power from all your AV gear (ie: not placing in standby).
* Waiting for a minimum of 30 seconds.
* And re-connecting the mains power?

Cheers

Hi and thanks for replying.
Yes, I tried a complete power-down of all components. No difference.

Clem_Dye

Distinguished Member
Try a factory reset of the TV. If that doesn’t work, contact LG or consider getting the unit replaced.

nenito2k

holy lord ! a FW update destroys Earc ?! this is insane !

chenks

Suspended
i'm sure i seen someone else report the same issue.

Volemangler

Novice Member
I can report that eARC seems to be working again. I've done nothing; changed no settings, no connections. I'm baffled, but I won't look a gift horse in the mouth, I'm just happy it's working again because my Shield TV Pro won't pass Dolby Vision video through my RX-V6A. Just produces a black screen with sound and the "Dolby Vision" symbol displayed top right. eARC to the rescue!!

The latest video from AVForums

Prey + Bullet Train reviews, Heat 4K + Event Horizon 4K and all the latest movies and TV news
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom