No DVI Input

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by rik, Jul 10, 2002.

1. rik

rik

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have bought a Samsung 191T LCD monitor which is great but I have a problem that I hope you can help with. It has both a VGA and DVI connector, both of which I have connected to the relevent sockets on my GF3 Ti500 (blue one and a white one, 2 wires from monitor to card) I have installed the drivers for the monitor and the latest version of Detonator 29.? but I cannot for the life of me get the card to output down the DVI channel. On the NVida graphic setup auto detect monitor always chooses analog and when I force it onto DVI the screen goes blank like theres no input signal. The monitor has a light to show which signal it is getting and always the analog is lit

Sorry to post twice!! In LCD and stuff forum

2. Greg Hook

Greg Hook
    Moderator & Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    In a secret location with Jennifer Lawrence
    Ratings:
    +10,482
    Hi

I am no expert at all on this but just looking through your post have you tried only connecting up the DVI connector and leaving the analog connector out?

Apologies if you have already tried this but it may be that as the analog is already connected it is over riding the DVI channel and thus preventing it from working.

Greg

3. rik

rik

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Haven't tried it all the way through to windows, stopped it because i couldn't see bios load, but I think I will try it all the way.

Thanks for your reply