1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No DVD Sound on AVR3805

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by davepuma, Nov 17, 2004.

1. davepuma

davepuma
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,479
    Hi guys and galls,

I've just hooked up my AVR3805 but I am not getting any sound from my DVD player. I have connected up the coaxial lead from the DVD player to the default (COAX2) and nothing. I have tried COAX1 and the set up on both the amp and the DVD player (playing around with PCM and Bitstream etc).

HELP!

Dave Duncan

2. john R1

john R1
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    dave i had this problem with my 3805, i made sure i had selected coax 1 and i think in my case i was pushing the wrong button on the remote, remote must be set on amp and select dvd on the middle panel of the remote then by pressing the i-mode button also on the remote you can select dvd auto dts etc hope this helps, keep getting differant displays coming up on my 3805 now got one saying v-off not sure what i have pressed this time

3. recruit

recruit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would say it was the PCM / BITSTREAM setting or have you tried a different coaxial lead?

John

4. davepuma

davepuma
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,479
    Thanks for the replies. It can't be the lead as was using it with my Yamaha with no problems. I will investigate further, if it is as I suspect the amp, I might have to use an optical cable or put it back to Denon for repair. However, I bought it in Singapore so the warranty is not international. :mad:

5. mjcairney

mjcairney

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +964
    Are you sure the warranty is not international, as most items bought in places like Singapore and Hongkong are?

Cheers,

Martin.

6. john R1

john R1
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    must have changed since i bought something in singapore a few years ago then cause that also did not work and it was not covered by the warranty

7. davepuma

davepuma
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,479
    Panic over. I used whatever COAX socket I had my lead connected to and selected CD instead of DVD and voila' the sound appeared. I then changed it back to DVD and it worked on DVD as well. Weird. :confused: Well at least it works now.....Impressed though, the sound is a lot brighter than with my old Yamaha. Now I want to see if my Arcam CD player will play CD's through the Denon as well as my Arcam amp (Arcam is hooked up to Front pre-out at the moment). If it is, that's two boxes for sale....! :thumbsup:

cheers