1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No DualView option / can't access Advanced Timings (AOpen 6600GT w/ DVI and VGA)

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Tom Whitaker, Mar 31, 2005.

1. Tom Whitaker

Tom Whitaker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Using the latest drivers downloaded from Nvidia, I'll check at home later and get the actual number.

With my Dell 2001FP connected by DVI (primary display at 1600x1200) and my Panasonic PTAE200 projector by 15-pin VGA connector, I used to have it set up in DualView, with different resolutions on each display and no taskbar on the projector a must for my desired setup.

When I first installed the card and drivers, DualView wasn't there as an option, just Clone and Horizontal or Vertical span. I don't know what I did to get it to appear (I was playing around installing/removing Powerstrip at the time - could that have been part of it?) but was happy it was there and got on with things.

Come back a week later and the DualView option has gone. Powerstrip is definitely removed and I've installed ExperTool to shut my fan up - that's all I can think of that's changed.

I'm also unable to click the Advanced Timings button in the NVidia app - it's always been greyed out. Will this be locked in the card's firmware or something?

So my questions are...
    - Should the DualView option always be there?
    - Is there any reason I can't get to the Advanced Timings on this AOpen card?