1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No DTS on pioneer vsx d512

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Mushie, Mar 26, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Mushie

Mushie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi have just bought a Cyberhome CH-DVD 452 and am running it through a recently bought (cheap as!) pioneer a/v reciever, but i can't get DTS. Have took the player back to RS and they said that although the player has no DTS badge it still has DTS out, so when i play a disc in DTS sure enough it says so on the players display, but i am still getting no sound. Now although i'm new to this, i cant help thinking that it's a simple messing around with my a/v controls. Are RS giving me the runaround or am i being dense and not using my reciever properly? (I can switch from 5.1 to pro logic easy enough so I think the reciever is fine)

2. MagicBoy

MagicBoy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    How is the DVD player connected to the receiver?

You need to use a digital connection and set the output on the DVD player to Bitstream (or the equivalent) to pass the DTS data to the reciever for decoding.

3. Astaroth

Astaroth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +114
    Using a digital connection it is the AVR that has to have the DTS decoding not the DVD player - any DVD player can pass DD and DTS via a digital connections, the 'dts badge' would typically mean it can decode rather than just pass through digital.

If your AVR doesnt but your DVD player does then you could connect the DVD player to the amp using analogue connection and allow the DVD to do the decoding but the decoders based in the DVD players are generally not very good