No Dolby Vision setting on C1

ripper2860

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello.

First-time OLED owner and first-time poster. Just bought my C1 a couple of weeks ago and absolutely love it!! I used the AVforums YouTube video to adjust for best OOB settings and love the results. I do have a bit of an issue and hope that you fine folks here can help me with. While I have successfully completed the SDR and HDR recommendations, I cannot get the Dolby Vision option to show under PICTURE SETTINGS on my new C1 (purchased April 2022) when playing Dolby Vision content. It is always Film Maker mode with only the non- Dolby Vision HDR options available. I am streaming Dolby Vision content via Roku 4K Ultra with HBO Max (Batman -- Gotham is Calling) and Netflix (Formula 1 - Drive to Survive). I've checked to ensure HD Deep Color is enabled; confirmed my HDMI cable is suitable (48Gbps / 8K); verified latest firmware is applied; confirmed that ROKU settings are correct for the attached display; enabled/disabled Film Maker auto-detect. I even tried a FireTV Stick 4K Max - all to no avail. I'm pretty sure it is something I've overlooked in settings, but I cannot for the life of me figure out what it is.

BTW -- The FireTV Max streams Dolby Vision properly on my LG UH7700 LED TV, so I know the content is actually Dolby Vision.

Any help would be most appreciated!!

(Excuse the long post)

Last edited:
There was a bug in the CX firmware at one time, if you had FreeSync on then DV wouldn't work.
Try turning off FreeSync on that input, if it's enabled.

Thank you so much for the quick reply. I checked the settings and Freesync and Gsync are both disabled but still no Dolby Vision option when I play Dolby Vision content. This is issue really a head scratcher.

Haven't you got a Netflix account or Disney+? Couldn't you try DV via the native TV app rather than roku?

Great minds think alike. I did try the native app and it does play Dolby Vision content. After a deeper dive, it seems that the Roku 4K Utra that I bought is an older model and does NOT support Dolby Vision. All my Google searches for Roku Ultra specs showed DV support, but little did I know that Roku introduced a newer model and kept the same name. :facepalm:

BTW -- the reason I do not use the native Netflix app and Roku instead is because the wife is well versed on using the Roku and throwing another interface and screen to navigate to launch Netflix and other streaming apps would make her life (and therefore mine) more difficult. Happy wife, happy life. :D

Thanks to all, but it seems this one is not an LG issue at all, but instead my inability to thoroughly research.

Last edited:
Well that just figures. I'm in the EXACT same situation as I just picked up my C1s last night, and a google search led me to this thread. Sure enough, I have a 2019 Roku Ultra that does not have Dolby Vision support. Since I refuse to use ARC or connect a cable to run TV audio to my pre-amp, I guess I'm making a trip to Best Buy this weekend to get not one, but two Roku Ultras as I have 2 setups. Sigh....

At least I'll be able to upgrade from the Roku sticks I have on my other non DV sets and put the old Ultras there, and then I can also keep a Roku stick in my travel bag.

Thanks OP for the thread.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom