No Dolby Digital through HDMI (Cars)

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by askpackers, May 7, 2007.

1. askpackers

askpackers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Hi All

Got round to playing Cars the movie last night and was supprised when my Denon AMP (2807) via the HDMI from my Denon DVD Player (1920) was not showing Dolby Digital but was displaying Dolby Prologic IIx and only FR/FL/SB symbols were showing on the lefthand side of the display on the AMP. Played around with the various settings etc and couldn't get Dolby Digital up as input. What I did notice is when the THX sampler came on before the movie this did show all the speaker symbols in the lefthand side of the display on the AMP. So I tried Starwars and Robots and each of these were fine the Dolby Digital in came up on the AMP with all 5.1 symbols showing on the left hand side of the AMP display.

At a loss any ideas or is just the movie sound track ??????

Confuesed Packers:(

2. Jase

Jase
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,290
    Hi

Did you manually select the 5.1 track on the Cars disc? Some default to the stereo track although this isn't as common as it used to be.

3. askpackers

askpackers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    :oops: Thanks used manual select (Audio Button) on DVD remote and found 3/2.1 selection which has worked. Didn't spot that button in the darkness last night.

Thanks again!:clap: Packers