No Dolby Digital signal from Optical Output

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by MB2AUDI, Sep 11, 2012.

1. MB2AUDI

MB2AUDI
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This question is regarding the Panasonic VIERA TC-P60GT50. When streaming movies from Netflix or any other streaming media, the optical output which is connected to my Denon Reciever (optical input) gets a stereo PCM signal only. I have been calling Panasonic support and they don't even understand what I am talking about. When they eventually do they put me on hold and come back to say that Dolby Digital is not supported in Internet mode, even thought the specs and manual say it is. It even has a section on how to enable Dolby Surround on Netflix Videos ! They have opened a case but I cannot get a call back, and when I follow up they start over with "it is not supported" or call Denon !

Please note I am not speaking of Dolby Digital signal pass through, but signal originating from TV (internet mode), specifically HD movie streaming. I am past the 30 day return so I am stuck with this.