No Dolby digital from ps5

Okay, I've figured out the issue. The solution was both under my nose whilst at the same time not obvious at all.

You may have noticed from the way my menus look in the screenshots that I'm making use of accessibility features (like high contrast, large text etc). I've been trying out the systems screen narration feature as the PS5 still jack's at screen magnifier (despite its predecessor having one!). This feature forced all system sound, including anything from the Blu-ray player, into LPCM and block the option to switch to bitstream. Most annoying is that it doesn't earn you about this at all!

Thais for all your help though. I got nothing from Reddit sand Sony's support forums seem dead.

Don't suppose anyone knows if any of the streaming apps on PS5 are capable of outputting Atmos ? I'm getting nothing from Disney+ (though it's putting out a a Dolby signal still). I don't currently have Netflix's higher tier so not sure if that can?

Glad you found the issue.

No only Blurays/UHD Blurays can output Atmos in bitstream format.

Also be warned as if you have ps5 set to Automatic HDR it will convert SDR content to HDR as well for streaming apps.

Basically, don't use PS5 for streaming apps 😬

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom