No Dolby Atmos from LG TV into soundbar

Stevo1441

Novice Member
Reaction score
Set up:
TV - LG OLED55B7
Soundbar - Samsung HW-K850

I'm having trouble getting Dolby Atmos either via BT Sport 4K or on inbuilt Netflix app. The Dolby Atmos feature is greyed out on the TV sound settings when I run the soundbar in ARC HDMI but is available to be selected when I use internal TV speakers. I know it doesn't work as my soundbar has a blue light for when Atmos is working.

Atmos can work as my 4K Blu Ray player (which passes through soundbar) brings up Atmos fine and blue light is shown on soundbar.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Many thanks.

I think you will find that the B7 cannot pass full atmos via arc. A quick search on these forums suggest that you will need to set the output as DD+ which may then send the atmos signal to the soundbar.

Set up:
TV - LG OLED55B7
Soundbar - Samsung HW-K850

I'm having trouble getting Dolby Atmos either via BT Sport 4K or on inbuilt Netflix app. The Dolby Atmos feature is greyed out on the TV sound settings when I run the soundbar in ARC HDMI but is available to be selected when I use internal TV speakers. I know it doesn't work as my soundbar has a blue light for when Atmos is working.

Atmos can work as my 4K Blu Ray player (which passes through soundbar) brings up Atmos fine and blue light is shown on soundbar.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Many thanks.
The Atmos option is automatically greyed out when you send sound out to a soundbar

In the full settings menu; -->sound --> sound output --> HDMI ARC -->change PCM to Auto

Should do the trick.

I think you will find that the B7 cannot pass full atmos via arc. A quick search on these forums suggest that you will need to set the output as DD+ which may then send the atmos signal to the soundbar.

I tried that, changing the DTV audio setting from ''Auto" to "DD+" but didn't seem to change anything. Dolby Atmos still greyed out when I'm on ARC.

The Atmos option is automatically greyed out when you send sound out to a soundbar

In the full settings menu; -->sound --> sound output --> HDMI ARC -->change PCM to Auto

Should do the trick.

Tried this just now but no change in greyed out Atmos on previous menu. Is there chance I could be getting Atmos now but TV not displaying it on settings? Blue light for Atmos not showing though so I assume not. It would simply Atmos message too.

I think, reading some more forums, that it is an issue between the TV and the soundbar. Most people from looking at posts said they couldn't get it to work directly and instead used apps on other devices which had atmos on Netflix.

One other suggestion to try is to make sure both devices are running the latest firmware.

Some others who said they had similar setups couldn't get it to work either with the Samsung but worked fine with the LG atmos soundbars.

Dolby Atmo can only be passed though to sound bar though e-arc you can not dolby atmos though arc unfortunately your tv does not have e-arc.

Dolby Atmo can only be passed though to sound bar though e-arc you can not dolby atmos though arc unfortunately your tv does not have e-arc.
You can get lossy ATMOS through ARC with DD+. Lossless ATMOS and yes must have eARC

I’ve had same issues as above trying to get a Samsung HW-Q600 Dolby Atmos soundbar to work with DA from my LG TV. After hours of trying different configurations I have discovered it works by changing the HDMI port to 4K HDMI DEEP COLOUR. Odd as the port is obviously being used for audio not picture, but something in this setting solved the problem.

Worth noting that you MUST be in the Home Dashboard otherwise the option is greyed out.

Attachments

• B3E5F680-72BD-405C-A32E-97075DDF7784.jpeg
    B3E5F680-72BD-405C-A32E-97075DDF7784.jpeg
    167.2 KB · Views: 571
fitting a ferrite core to the power cable on the amplifier and the power cable of the spk8 receiver to reduce any electrical interference that may causing the humming noise from the speakers, they are very cheap to purchase from any electrical store or on line, I hope this helps with the problems you are having

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom