Cross posting
Good day, I would very much appreciate advice and Insight into resolving what may be a simple yet without your guidance a very expensive repair ! Honestly, to state it briefly.... I cannot afford a professional shops repair [email protected] this at this time...

Okay, now the fun part.... So the story goes a little like this... God I wish I could write a chapter or two for entertainment purposes..... But for now, straight and too the point...

Recently purchased the Yamaha rx v671 along with a Klipsch 5.1 speaker set......

I found an amazing deal and bought myself some peace of mind.

BTW.... Music is my only form of entertainment by choice ... I have also set up concerts in 3 states and prolly 20 cities...

Well... the cover was off of the unit from recent cleaning and dusting.....

Just plain arrogance on my part.....

And the cover triggered the "fail safe" power stays off mode....I believe bc of repeated and consecutive protection shut offs.... 3x

So I've reset the unit with
1. power , info, & tone control button
2. Info & tone
3. Power for 10+ sec.

Result- I finally heard the relay kick back and forth...

But no display---- I haven't tried to hear any sounds since this disconnect...

Until I have a display..I will not connect any speakers....

So I downloaded firmware to an external USB.

Tried to boot from inserting the USB into the lower left Port & pressing power.

No display....

(((Caveat))) I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed sometimes....

Exhibit A. is how I ended up with a paperweight instead of a reciever

"Higher the handcap~there fun to watch !"
Myboss once said with a smile.

So- I do have volt meter, soldier gun, patience and location to do any repairs, as well as a city called Atlanta working 5 miles........... Smh

I did a test of continuity on the round component next to the power in on that particular board... Came out fine inside the board...

I don't want to ramble anymore to anyone, but I am willing to follow directions and orders, as well as i may be able soon to order a part....

But I could be factory resetting wrong

Hope to hear from the wiser ones on this....

Much respect, Blessings and Light

Last edited:
Found the thermal fuse could be the prospect.. Not really feeling good about digging deeper today--- thank you for at least allowing me to post this... Even though in the end... I gotta find my answers where I can

pocketchange

Novice Member
Leave a email w/Yamaha and let them (try) to point you in the right direction. Also; find a PDF of the Service Manual and review how to lookup the trouble codes procedure.. good luck.

Yes sir.. Thank you... Already have service manual and Yamahas rep responded with .... If it is an aftermarket purchase then you will have to go straightway to the service center.......

As far as the service center....30 miles from me and is absolutely the best repair shop for anything dealing with electronics....

Norman's in Suwanne NE ATL

Norman's Electronics - NEI
3641 McGinnis Park Dr, Suite A
Suwanee, Ga 30024

70$ to diagnose and I may go that route...

But they have a 4-6 wait time bc they are licensed with 18 different companies.....

Plus they are the only Yamaha in GA. That I can tell.....

I'm about 30 hrs into gathering info...

I kindly thank you for your suggestion and when I can see the display I am more than happily scrolling through the multitude of options...

God Bless

Hoping one of the independent inventors who tooled away while others played prestige gives an old soul friendly advice...

Much just like you did sir...

All the best

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sony A90J Thoughts, madVR Processor & Sonus faber Lumina II Reviews + Movie & TV roundup
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom