No display from projector

Sjones1088

Novice Member
Hello all. So for the last couple years my setup has been Epson EX5230 projected to a yamaha rx-377 receiver. All was fine and dandy, until the screen started to have a purple tint to it. For a while i could just cycle power to receiver and/or unplug and plug back in the hdmi cables and I could eventually get it to work. It has now gotten to the point where no matter what I do, it either has a purple tint, or just a solid purple screen. If i plug the directv directly to the projector, it works fine.

Was tired of dealing with it so I just went out and bought a Sony STR-DH550. Brought it home, got everything hooked up, I have sound but no display. The projector is just displaying the blue screen saying "no signal". Ive tried switching the directv between all the hdmi inputs on the receiver. Tried different hdmi, tried turning them on in different orders. Once again, if I connect projector directly to directv then the display comes through perfect. Any thoughts or insights would be much appreciated! Thanks!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips TV Launch Event, Soundbar vs AVR, Samsung EzCAL and more...
Top Bottom