Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

No Display From HTPC DVI To Vga and VGA to Component

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Nobber, Feb 6, 2005.

1. Nobber

Nobber
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hello

I have just finished building my HTPC with a Nvidia 6600GT I want to connect ot my Sony VPL11HT so I bought a VGA to Component, plugged the VGA into the DVI to VGA converter and the component into the project but can't get a picture, I have tried different resolutions and refresh rates but no luck, am I missing something, apart from a Picture that is!!

when I connect through the s vid I get the boot screen but when Windows Pro kicks in it goes blank

thanks

2. Ar-Jar

Ar-Jar
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I've spent many hours trying to get a picture on my projector as well. I don't have a direct solution for you but things that you may want to try in are:
    - Checking so that the projector is selected as the "primary screen" in the NVidia control panel and that it is activated in the first place (if you have two screens, then at least some older drivers in some mode only let you show video on one of them). The NVidia control panel is a maze with a zillion options behind numerous buttons, especially when trying to drive two screens.
    - Updating the drivers to the latest version (the 6600 i pretty new I guess so they should be pretty fresh though)
    - See if the VGA to component converter works by connecting it to another computer
    - Connecting your new computer to another VGA screen to see that the VGA output is ok

Hope these hints weren't too trivial and obvious. At least I can sometimes get stuck when troubleshooting these kinds of things.

Arto