No digital audio out from new Philips TV

Elyas28

Novice Member
Reaction score
No digital audio out from new Philips TV, I just bought a new Philips TV model 65PUT8215/56 and it is not giving any optical/digital audio, i tried everything i went to the setting and there was no option to enable it luckily my Home Theatre supports Bluetooth and is now working with Bluetooth but the audio quality is bad, is there any solution? oh and the options in the audio settings are just TV speakers, HDMI surround Sytem, TV speakers OFF

P.S. Another problem i have is my PS4 slim wont work on this 4K TV, is it because i already set it up on SD resolution on my older 42" TV, or is it another issue? i tried booting onto safe mode but no work. (sad face)

Edit: I just relized that i didnt put this as a question sorry

Hi,
taken from the manual ;

Digital Output Settings
Digital output settings are available for optical and HDMI ARC sound signals.
Digital out format
 Settings > Sound > Advanced > Digital out format.
Set the audio out signal of the TV to fit the sound capabilities of the connected Home Theatre System.
• Stereo (uncompressed): If your audio playback

Joe,

Hi,
taken from the manual ;

Digital Output Settings
Digital output settings are available for optical and HDMI ARC sound signals.
Digital out format
 Settings > Sound > Advanced > Digital out format.
Set the audio out signal of the TV to fit the sound capabilities of the connected Home Theatre System.
• Stereo (uncompressed): If your audio playback

Joe,
Hi Joe, Thanks For replying!
My TV settings is already on Stereo(uncompressed)
So yea... thanks anyways

noooo.png

seeing this makes me confused

the above scheme tells you what/how you can connect optional equipment to a tv set,in your case you need optical cable connected to your home theatre system,you can also use hdmi cable if the Lg dvd system has one
as for home theatre system model it usually says on the front/back panel

well,I should've asked you how is tv connected to the Lg dvd system at first place...more info on your Lg dvd system would be helpful

well,I should've asked you how is tv connected to the Lg dvd system at first place...more info on your Lg dvd system would be helpful
it is connected and i have the cable and it is already connected, and the DVD system doesnt support HDMI in

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom