1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NO DD5.1 or DTS through my Davs550 HELP !!

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by segauser, Jan 30, 2004.

1. segauser

segauser
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got my Multi-Region Davs550 from Richer Sounds around 6 months ago and have had no problems what so ever with it until now :(

Today i received my R1 Criterion DVD The Rock and found that i couldn't get any audio through the centre and rear surrounds no matter what track i tried DD5.1 or DTS absolutely no sound what so ever. I had my rear surround volume set to +2 and adjusted it back to the default level and still no luck. Unplugged all cables and leads and its still a no go.

The strange thing is using the Test Tone on the Davs550 system menu all speakers work fine including the centre and rear surrounds.

SO i have no centre speaker volume and no rear surround volume. Just getting Stero through the Left and Right speakers. (subwoofer works also)

Tried other dvd's including Pal Region 2's and still no surround at all, plain old stereo :(

PLEASE PLEASE if someone has got any idea whats up with my machine please reply? maybe someone has had the same or similar problem?

2. DDDavo

DDDavo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So what about audio analogue inputs can (or audio CD) can you play them in 5.1 normal surround using pro logic 2?

3. segauser

segauser
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    lol..... stupid mistake !!

Just remembered that the last movie i watched was in stero and i had set the sound field to 2ch only using the sound field button. Totally forgot i had done this last night lol....

4. DDDavo

DDDavo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Oh glad it was that simple, i must admite if i swap to two channel i often forget to switch back until i relise my rear channels are dead!

Glad its all in working order!

5. eyeMAJIC

eyeMAJIC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Glad you found the solution.... was bricking it there in case my (newly-made multi region) S550 met the same fate! :)