No DD5.1 on Xbox360

pure_geordie

As the title says has anyone had this problem.

Setup my 360 to Output DD 5.1 and all i get is two Channel stereo:eek:

If I setup to just DD it outputs ok and my amp distributes the sound over my 5 channels but I don't think its true DD5.1 surround.

Anybody!

Cow Puncher

The only thing i can think it would be is something to do with your amp mate. I remember i've had similar problems in the past and with patience and a few tweaks of the settings it sorted itself out.

Good luck,

Smaz.

TorX

Standard Member
Hi, when you say you set it up, you used the controls in the dashboard to set your console to output 5.1?

which cable are you using? i trust its an optical cable?

If you haven't set it up with your console, go to the system blade and select console settings then go to audio and the settings should be there.

i think its more likely what The Smaz said.

Other than that i have no idea, be sure to post if you get it to work :)

good luck:thumbsup:

RottenFox

Distinguished Member
yeh,you wont get 5.1 unless you use an optical cable.
the red/white only give you stereo,or pseudo 5.1,stereo,with echo basically,dolby pro logic,some systems label it as.
and if the amp doesnt have an optical,you wont get 5.1 at all from the 360.

Mark Botwright

Distinguished Member
This might be an idiotic question, but are there good/bad quality optical cables like with scarts, hdmi, etc or are they all the same?
Just need to know as i'll be setting up my Yamaha ysp800 to the trusty 360 in the next few days.

T

tricky1974

optical cables they all seem the same to me just get a cheap one :smashin:

A

Apothis

This might be an idiotic question, but are there good/bad quality optical cables like with scarts, hdmi, etc or are they all the same?
Just need to know as i'll be setting up my Yamaha ysp800 to the trusty 360 in the next few days.

Scarts and HDMI are very different, the HDMI is digital, so as long as you get 1 thats not falling to pieces, it'll get the signal through. A toslink optical cable is the same in that its sending a digital signal. I'd imagine its a little more fragile than HDMI as its optical, but as long as you dont damage it, just about anything should be fine.

pure_geordie

Sorted thanks for reply guys.

Dodgy optical lead:D

Stephen Neal

Distinguished Member
Also - it is possible to output a 2.0 signal in 5.1 - i.e. carry a stereo audio signal in the front left and right channels and no audio in the surround channels...

RottenFox

Distinguished Member
just set the 360 to stereo.use the red/white cables..or turn down the rears.
its your audio,adjust it as you will..
but if you mean can you get all 5.1 channels out of just 2 speakers,i would say no..the best you would get is from a 2.1 system with that virtual crap.

D

Deleted member 92943

What's cool becuas i have spekers in my room fo he set-up ta whn i turn y amp and 360 on it says Dolby Digital EX:D

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom