no dd again

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by dennis, Jan 5, 2007.

1. dennis

dennis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    decided to watch*ice age2* last night,good film BUT! again no dd?,why are we being short changed like this,i am sick of this to be honest,i have a monster sound system and it is being wasted.who do i complain to about this.:(

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +975
    Did the EPG state DD audio?
    If so then ring SKY CS and complain as it was falsely advertised, that aside I don't watch SBO movies so is it normal for SBO1HD to carry HD on it's movies since normal SBO has been without DD for years.

3. `BK

`BK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +122
    Ice Age 2 had 5.1 when I watched it...

4. Basil Plumley

Basil Plumley
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +723
    Yep - all SBOHD movies I have watched have carried a 5.1 'track. The SD SBO channels don't carry digital audio. Seems that the OP MAY have been watching the movie on SBO SD...

I'm the opposite to you really - I rarely rent DVD's anymore. Movies normally come onto the SBO channels at the same time they are made available to rent...if there's an HD version to watch for the same price, I'll record and watch it at my leisure.
    Blockbusters = £3.95 for 1 nights rental and the disc is probably covered in God knows what...:rolleyes:
    SBO HD = £3.75 for 7 night rental (before it automatically deleted) and no late fees :)

5. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +975
    I was going to watch Serenity on SBOHD but then there were questions about the audio and then it got pulled totally:)
    Downloaded the HD cap instead and then watched it on SM9HD and a viewing on HD-DVD is probably on the horizon.

The gap between theatrical, DVD/PPV and Subscription broadcasts seems to be shrinking all the time, great for the home viewer.