No Database Found Sony NW-HD3

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Hawesy, Sep 21, 2005.

1. Hawesy

Hawesy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey guys wonder if anyone out there can help me, i have just droped my NW-HD3 from my desk at work all of around 2 foot and itr now comes up with "no database found" error message.

I can still browse the device through My Computer it shows all the files still there but when connecting through Sonic Stage it wont even show as connected.

I know it would have been an idea not to dropt he device but accidents happen so no wise cracks about that as it is hurting me enough it not working .

All sensible suggestions very welcome.

Many thanks

A very upset Andy

2. aund

aund
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dont panic, Andy. Try turninig off and on the inbuilt battery at the base of the unit. This might work. I dropped mine and all i got was a line on the lcd. The fact you can still see stuff on your pc indicated that the hard drive hasnt been broken by the fall.

3. wormvortex

wormvortex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +395
    mine says that randomly some time, i was listening to some music when to change albums and it said that, I also get a random error message sometimes. Yeah and the fall should have been ok as its suppose to be able to be dropped from 1 or 2 metres without it suffering any shock impact.

4. Hawesy

Hawesy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the replies so far. i have tried the battery off on trick and that didn't seem to work which would have been easier than what i have resigned myself to.

I re-initialised the device and all seems to be ok now although i have to transfer all tracks over again from two different PC's in two different locations but a small price to pay to have the unit working again.

Thanks for your responses though, much appreciated

Andy

5. IanPM

IanPM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Just as a matter of interest, once I unplugged my HD5 from the computer, and as it was "creating database" I was moving it getting ready to put it in my pocket and i heard two clicks from the drive. Then, when I next turned it on the unit said "reparing database" then, when I checked the player all the tracks, the names were scrambled with special characters and such. I just formatted it, because my music is all on my PC anyway, so it was no bother to tranfer the music again.

Very odd.