• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

No connection from BD player through STR-DA2400

tman

Prominent Member
I've been using a Sony STR-DA2400ES amp for a couple of years, along with a Samsung BD-P1500 feeding a Samsung 50" plasma. I use HDMI out from the amp to TV, and the blu-ray player connects over the 'BD' HDMI input. Setting the input to 'BD' on the reciever is all I have to do, and everything works fine.

I've now just connected up a PS3 slim to the same receiver, this time using the DVD HDMI input (re-labelled to 'PS3'), and the PS3 works fine. Trouble is, now the Samsung isn't talking to the receiver. If I switch the BD player on, it goes through it's motions, but I get no picture through the receiver. Not even any indication of HDMI handshaking. If I connect the player straight to the TV, it works fine. Spent a while trying to fix it today, but still nothing. Can't imagine why it would suddenly stop talking to the receiver, so it's very, very odd.

In all other respects, the receiver is working ok. Anyone have any ideas?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom