• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

No Comment

tonkie

I don't know if anybody has noticed but I have not commented on any the photo's in the competition although I have an entry in it.The reason for this, as a new comer to this forum and photography I don't think I am qualified to pass judgment on the excellent standard of the entries, so if you will please excuse me from making any comments this time and maybe as time goes I will feel a bit more confident to do so.
All that is left for me to say is may the best man or woman win, as long as it is me:D:devil:

psenior1

tbh I think everyone appreciates the comments people leave, no matter how experienced they are so don't hold back. Though having said that I'm surprised that some people on here leave neutral and negative comments for others in the competition entry threads, doesn't tend to happen on other forums...

Thing to remember is it's only a bit of fun, for me beating my record of 2 votes is my primary aim!

Member 55145

Distinguished Member
Sod it, express yourself, i bought my first DSLR last week, never been into photography till recently and wanted a camera to get some decent pics of my kid as point and shoot cameras were crap and my hd camcorder's picture taking abaility isnt as good as i wanted.

I have now taken over 400 photos of my kid and its been worth every penny spent. so i've been a photographer for only a week, but im going to coment on peoples photos.

just remember everyone has feelings, even me (though my wife may disagree) so remember that when commenting on peoples photos.

as per your thread, i left positive notes and maybe a little constructive critisism RE autofocus. i hope i've given you enough of my one week knowledge of our camera model to let you really let loose with it.

oh yea another tip, always shoot RAW, its much better than jpeg (i shoot RAW+JPEG, but tonight i've turned jpeg off as I found myself always playing with the raw files and only using the jpegs of examples of why not to shoot jpeg :thumbsup:)

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom