1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Colour when Playing Video on Panasonic TX28DT2

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by swhits, Oct 23, 2001.

1. swhits

swhits
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I have just purchased a Panasonic TX28dt2. It has 2 scart sockets labelled AV1 & AV2. If I connect my Panasonic NVHD650 to AV2 the videos will only play back in B&W. If I connect the VCR to AV1 playback is fine but I cannot then tape digital channels whilst watching another channel in analogue which Panasonic claim should be possible. Has anyone else suffered this problem? or have I got a faulty set? The suppliers state that the set is fine.

2. bob007

bob007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Try going into the AV2 menu it may be set to S-VHS. Try connecting AV1 from dig sat or dig cable to AV1 on TV. Then connect AV2 on dig sat /dig cable to AV2 on the video. Then AV1 on the video to AV2 on the TV. To tape digital on the video select A2 as the channel no, you should then be able to tape digital and watch analogue or tape analogue and watch digital. Hope this helps.

[​IMG]

3. nwebb

nwebb
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    When you're in "AV" mode, the coloured buttons can be used to manually select an AV input. Repeatedly pressing the same coloured button will toggle between composite and s-video for s-enabled inputs.

4. swhits

swhits
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    ;) I've done what you suggested with regards to the connections and it now works OK. The only problem may come when I want to add a DVD player, as there are only two scarts on the tele! Thanks for your help

Steve Whits

5. swhits

swhits
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I hada reply from the Panny tech support, while messing about with the settings I had altered the av2 (TV/AV mode) to "av2 s" - reverting to AV2 fixed the problem and I now have a spare scart socket. The TV's great, which is more than I can say about itv digital who I am not impressed with at all!

6. Doubledoom

Doubledoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No problem. You only need 2 scarts to connect the usual 3 items (digital tv source, dvd and vcr).

Indeed, if you use three scarts for the above, you have wasted money on buying a scart lead you didnt need.