1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No colour through component

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Noggin1980, Aug 18, 2005.

1. Noggin1980

Noggin1980

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,171
    Hi sorry for what is probably a silly question

We received our 42pv500 last night and hooked it up through component to our new DVD recorder. The picture looked great except its in black and white. We fiddled for ages and read the manual and couldn't see what the problem could be.

In the end we used our old scart cable and it all worked fine but I'd prefer to hook up through component, any ideas what I'm doing wrong please?

TV is TH42PV500
    DVD recorder is DMR-ES10
    Component cable is http://www.tvcables.co.uk/cgi-bin/tvcables/CP002.html?id=qFdy84m7&mv_pc=74

Thanks alot for your help

2. Balefire28

Balefire28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had exactly the same problem with my setup which arrived last week (new panny dvd recorder and panny 500).
    It seems that the DVD recorder has a factory setting which makes it default to MONO for component.
    You have to go into the DVD menu system and change this to colour.

3. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Hi Noggin, most likely your player does not do RGB scart and component concurrently, it's a setting in the menu. The green socket is the syncronization, which may be active all the time, and gives a black and white picture, incidentally you can get the B/W image with a composite signal, useful for setting things up from scratch sometimes, you can use the menu in B/W, sometimes it's the only way of getting a picture on a panel with only a component card! Look in the video setup menu for a setting that turns compoent video on. Relatively few players do RGB and component simultaneously, usually expensive ones.

:D Shared innovation there!

4. Noggin1980

Noggin1980

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,171
    fantastic thanks guys, I had fiddled with the TV menus for ages trying to fix it but hadn't thought it could be the dvd player outputting wrongly.

I can't check till this evening but hopefully we will enjoying another great DVD tonight, It was amazing how much more enjoyable the film was compared to our old 27" incredably bulky TV.

5. minisisme

minisisme
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you are still reading this thread Noggin turn to page 14 in your DMR-ES10 ' How to enjoy progressive video' and follow this proceedure. picture will change from B/W to colour.