1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No colour on my PS2 games. Help needed please!

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by anthonylogan, Jun 16, 2005.

1. anthonylogan

anthonylogan
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello all,

I'm new to this site and really need help. I've just bought a 26" videoseven lcd tv and cannot seem to get any colour when I hook up my PS2. I've had no such problems with my 17" samsung lcd. I think the problem lies in the coloured pin sockets as in the videoseven there are 5 as opposed to 3 of them and they are not the usual white red and yellow. Does anyone know how I can resolve my problem? I've tried inserting the 3 PS2 pins in various combinations of the 5 available and nothing seems to work. Any comments are appreciated.

Thanks

2. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +731
    Are these 5 sockets coloured red,green, blue, white and red?

If so they are the component video sockets which the cable you have will not work with. sounds like you have a COMPOSITE video cable and assuming your tv is this one Videoseven then you will either need to buy a scart adaptor for the cable you have(poor picture) or get a proper RGB scart cable(better picture) or a Component video cable(best picture)

3. anthonylogan

anthonylogan
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah I think those colours sound about right. Thanks for the help.