no chapters with dmr-es20

johndad

Standard Member
Hi i was wondering if someone could put me straight. We have had the dmres 20 for a few weeks now. The first recordings we did on -rw had chapters automatically put in about every 5 mins. I noticed yesterday that recordings now have no chapters and I cannot see why. I have read the manual many times and the only references are for inserting chapters using ram discs, thanks for any suggestions

ROYOLD

On DVD-R the Panasonics automatically place chapters every 6 mins or so when you FINALIZE the disc. Dunno just how it treats -RW. I never use this type of disc - only DVD-RAM. The Ram discs last ten times as long and are far more versatile.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD-RAM

johndad

Standard Member
Hi ROYOLD thanks for reply, I have only tried -rw so far, the first recordings I did have chapters. i recorded a couple of hours last night and finalized the disc but no chapters?

HHGTTG

johndad said:
Hi ROYOLD thanks for reply, I have only tried -rw so far, the first recordings I did have chapters. i recorded a couple of hours last night and finalized the disc but no chapters?
I frankly don't yet understand this chaptering business. On my Pioneer 530H it is supposed, by default to auto insert chapters every 10/12 mins (can't remember exactly the time whilst sitting here) and I assumed that this meant when recording anything to the HDD, but it does not appear to.

I have now inserted a DVD-RW blank disc and am in the process of recording 1.5 hours of BBC1 to it to see what happens.
:confused: :rolleyes:

J

Jesus

Hello, I also have that problem in my DMR ES10 and like you only the first recording (only one) it added a chapters automatically.
I have neither seen any option in the menu.
I use only a DVD-RAM

ROYOLD

I too have never fully understood this chapter business. It is mentioned under Direct Navigator and also Playlists and if you examine your ES20D remote you will see that the YELLOW button has the words "Create Chapter" just above it.

I am not really all that concerned with creating chapters on DVD-RAM discs. The six minute auto chapters on the finalised DVD-R which are inserted when the disc is finalised suit me fine.

johndad

Standard Member
Hi everyone, I am now getting chapters on my -rw discs!? The only thing I have done differently is to go activate default settings in set up. I cant see how this would change this problem but i thought i'd try it.. Will do some more recordings and see how it goes.

Trending threads

Top Bottom