No channels found

Irisgraphics

Novice Member
Hi all, I'm seeking a little help in setting up a Panasonic Blu-ray DMR-BS850EB disc recorder with my new Toshiba tv. I have a Sky Q box installed but am looking end my Sky contract. The Panasonic unit I've had since new but have not used it for some time. I have it connected to the tv via the HDMI input and the tv sees it ok. When I connect the satellite dish feed leads to the Panasonic DMR it confirms that it is receiving a signal of 100% on strength and around 90% on quality on both LNB's. When I set it to Auto load the TV and Radio channels nothing is downloaded. It just says that the channels are downloading and wait for it to complete. I've left if for 15 minutes and nothing has downloaded at all. The Player is working fine elsewhere, it plays discs ok, the recordings that I have on there from previous use are playing ok, the on screen guide appears to work ok but no channels are loading. I've reconnected the Sky box and all is fine, the signal strength and quality are identical to the Panasonic box.
Would anyone have an idea what would cause this. Any advice would be very gratefully received.

teeveedee

Hi all, I'm seeking a little help in setting up a Panasonic Blu-ray DMR-BS850EB disc recorder with my new Toshiba tv. I have a Sky Q box installed but am looking end my Sky contract. The Panasonic unit I've had since new but have not used it for some time. I have it connected to the tv via the HDMI input and the tv sees it ok. When I connect the satellite dish feed leads to the Panasonic DMR it confirms that it is receiving a signal of 100% on strength and around 90% on quality on both LNB's. When I set it to Auto load the TV and Radio channels nothing is downloaded. It just says that the channels are downloading and wait for it to complete. I've left if for 15 minutes and nothing has downloaded at all. The Player is working fine elsewhere, it plays discs ok, the recordings that I have on there from previous use are playing ok, the on screen guide appears to work ok but no channels are loading. I've reconnected the Sky box and all is fine, the signal strength and quality are identical to the Panasonic box.
Would anyone have an idea what would cause this. Any advice would be very gratefully received.
If you have Sky Q then the LNB on your dish will have been upgraded to wideband, and therefore will not be compatible with your old Freesat tuner in the DMR-BS850.
You will either need to buy one of the new Freesat recorders which are compatible with wideband LNBs or get someone to change your Q LNB to a hybrid one.

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom