no channel 4 or 5 on sky??

mick23

Standard Member
Reaction score
hi all whats happened to channel 4 and 5 not sure about itv c4 and 5 do not appear in sky epg ok yesterday ,

if sky are not now transmitting the full "terestial channels" this is going to give me grief as i often record of sky to vcr as in general i get better quality recordings , also find sky epg handy for program info.

do seem to recall something a while back about itv etc

thank you.

Have you had any reason to remove the smartcard or leave the box unplugged for any length of time? It is not uncommon for a de-activated smartcard to not only forget it's abilty to decode FTV channels but sometimes the EPG itself won't list them if it's switched off for a while, although this is more common on a brand new installation.
I would guess if you left the card in with the box on then it will switch itself back on sooner or later and the EPG should then display ch4 and Five.

CH4 and Five have extended their contracts with SKY Digital, ITV are currently in negotiations but regardless what happens there ITV1 will be Dsat.

thanks starburst tried sky at 7.45 no itv or c4 /c5 shown on epg hence post, tried at 8.30 all ok although box asked to insert smartcard, removed and reinserted smartcard, i normally fully turn skybox totally of at night, but normally epg etc is ok, anyway im glad things are back to normal.

thank you

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom