No Ch3,4 On Panasonic

Discussion in 'Freeview & YouView' started by pwood, Feb 3, 2009.

1. pwood

pwood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +178
    I have on old Ondigital Box upstairs and can get good signal strength on CH3, 4. Downstairs I get all the channels normally but today no 3 or 4. Previously a small wiggle of the aerial cable in the wall socket and it would come back which pointed to a poor connection or so I thought so squeezed the middle pin in the wall socket to make sure of a tighter connection and still no joy. I re-tuned the TV and now its not picking up 3,4 and also 13-15. I would have thought if the wall socket was faulty no channels would be received but I get 80%+ on all the other channels.

Software is up to date on the Panasonic PV500 plasma I have and no planned ones according to Digital TV Group. The signal is split in the loft albeit I got a massive Digital aerial installed by a trustworthy installer. Is it possible the wall socket could be at fault given its only CH3 &4 I can't get.

I have just tried the digi box downstairs and same issue no signal on 3 and 4.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2009
  2. pwood

pwood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +178
    Update: I found a spare male connector and a cable joiner and bypassed the socket and signal perfect. all I need to do now is find a socket that has two sat connectors and 1 DVB socket. Focus have one but want £25 for it which I don't think is anything like vfm

3. ROYOLD

ROYOLD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +296
  4. pwood

pwood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +178
    Bought a blanking plate and will carefully drill three holes in it and use f type connectors on all three for a secure connection. A bit of checking revealed the cheap connectors are not digital compatible in that there is no screening inside which may have been part of the issue I had with the socket.

5. scribbler101

scribbler101

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +113
    If practical, better to run coax direct to TV - no connectors, no losses.