No Cable In MY AREA!! noooooooo!

Khanio

Standard Member
Reaction score
i Cant believe this, all our street gets cable, but me and my neighbour on the left dont, but the neighbour on the right and the rest of the 26 houses on our cul de sac all get cable except two of us, that makes me sick. All i wanted was the new 50mb broadband from virgin media as i have 2 ps3's in the house and 3 PC's all online and im 8mb from BT was not doing a great job keeping up with them.
Yes i called Virgin and they reply, your in a zero area. wow. big help. i asked him if they wud ever lay any cable down, he said maybe in 2-5 years time. wowwww. i was like well wat if i pay u guys to do it, then he said it will be too expensive. i just gived up. lol. is there any other way i can get faster broadband i meen any other way? even if i can pull the cable from my neighbours or sumtin like that im ready to do it. let me knw,.

I'm sure most members will be very sympathetic with your dilemma, but I'm afraid no one is going to offer you illegal advice to commit a criminal act. Please read up on forum rules on what you are & what you are not allowed to post here.

Try calling Head Office. They will arrange for a 'Spotter' to come round and see for themselves.

My mate had the same problem as you. One issue is with Virgin Media's database. It's so inaccurate and out of date that it even shows some existing customers as not being in a cable area.

As your neighbour gets cable, it's a very easy task for an installer to extend the feed a few more feet. The spotter gets commision for any new customers he/she is able to connect to VM, they will try their best to get you connected.

The call centre staff you initially talk to are useless and won't want to help. My mate found Head Office extremely helpful and he got hooked up pretty quickly.

The VM Spotters number is 0121 683 7638

Ring and leave a message. But also ring Head Office to get things moving quickler.

Last edited:
I wasnt asking for illegal advice i wouldnt want to do it that way, i was wondering other ways like satallite or if i can get a feed from existing cables in the area.

Hey Foxy u have been very helpul, thanks for your time for getting me the number il call them first thing tmrw. You are a star. Lets hope this works.

No worries.

If you get no joy, give me a shout, either here or by PM, as I might have a couple of other ideas which might help.

is there any other way i can get faster broadband i meen any other way? even if i can pull the cable from my neighbours or sumtin like that im ready to do it. let me knw,.

I wasnt asking for illegal advice i wouldnt want to do it that way, i was wondering other ways like satallite or if i can get a feed from existing cables in the area.

Hmm, I thought you might have been joking but I can't be too careful. If I had of believed you had been serious this thread would have been deleted a very long time ago.

No worries.

If you get no joy, give me a shout, either here or by PM, as I might have a couple of other ideas which might help.

I also have similar issue to the above user. Can anyone tell me of the head office number and what department to be put through? Also Foxy, would you mind teling me what other avenues are available ? Thanks in advance

I live just off a main road which has cable. The main road is now littered with new housing developments. There must be hundreds and hundreds of potential new cable customers. Do you think it's worth a phone call?

I live just off a main road which has cable. The main road is now littered with new housing developments. There must be hundreds and hundreds of potential new cable customers. Do you think it's worth a phone call?

My mate was just out of reach , and he managed to get them to come down and put an extension in to reach his house.

I also have similar issue to the above user. Can anyone tell me of the head office number and what department to be put through? Also Foxy, would you mind teling me what other avenues are available ? Thanks in advance

First ring the Spotter's number:- 0121 683 7638

If no joy then try Head Office - I don't have the number but I remember it's based in central London. Ask for the Chief Executive's office. They have more clout and knowledge than the dopey call centre staff and will do everything possible to hook you up.

They will instruct someone quite senior to come out, maybe do some tests and give you a definite yes or no.

any ideas how I can find the nearest house to me with cable?

It's definitely worth a call.

Look out for the brown or blue boxes on the outside wall of a house. That's usually a tell tale sign that its got cable. Also look out for a big green box somewhere down the road that usually has a Virgin Media/Telewest/NTL logo on it.

Also, somewhere on the pavement, there will be a metal cover with CATV written on it. Under it is a kind of junction box which connects the cable feed to the surrounding houses. Usually it's the distance from your house to this 'box' that determines whether you can get cable or not.

It's definitely worth a call.

Look out for the brown or blue boxes on the outside wall of a house. That's usually a tell tale sign that its got cable. Also look out for a big green box somewhere down the road that usually has a Virgin Media/Telewest/NTL logo on it.

Also, somewhere on the pavement, there will be a metal cover with CATV written on it. Under it is a kind of junction box which connects the cable feed to the surrounding houses. Usually it's the distance from your house to this 'box' that determines whether you can get cable or not.

Interesting, do you know what the distance is?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom