• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

No blue - too much green

Mr Zippy

Standard Member
Hi,

Just bought a Toshiba W20330DB TV for my son. All is fine apart from the DVD playback (using scart at AV1) which is overly green, with the sky a sort of yellowish green. Spiderman is now red and green! He has connected his Xbox (HD connection) , Playstation, Wii etc with no problems and the TV picture is unaffected. I am however baffled by the DVD colour issue. Have tried the colour balance controls, but no change. What is causing this?

Thanks

social_lurker

Have you tried a different scart lead? or tried AV2 with the same scart connection?

cokker

Sounds like a dodgy connection to me. As social_lurker suggested, a new cable or different port may do the trick.

Mr Zippy

Standard Member
Maybe, but same scart and DVD worked fine with previous widescreen TV - maybe this one is more sensitive.

naruto

I remember having a similar problem but I think it was only when I was playing NTSC dvds.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom