No Blu Ray Audio on Denon AVR-X3700H

ianmstm

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi all - new member here!

I have a Denon AVR-X3700H receiver, a 65" LG OLED TV, and a 5.1.2 speaker system. For TV I use an optical audio cable and the TV video/audio is great. When I use a FireStick connected via HDMI for streaming, the video/audio is great. However, when I connect my Sony BSD-S5100 BluRay player, I get only the video... and no audio whatsoever. I've tried different HDMI cables and different discs and they all give the same result - great video, but no audio. I'm at something of a loss to understand what's going on - and I hope someone can help point me in the right direction.

Thanks,
Ian

Make sure all the settings are set to Auto on the Sony and that the digital output is set to HDMI and Bitstream.

Make sure all the settings are set to Auto on the Sony and that the digital output is set to HDMI and Bitstream.
Sorry for the delay in responding. I checked as you suggested and the Sony is set up as you've indicated. I tried one other thing... I connected the HDMI cable from the Sony directly to my TV and the video/audio worked fine. When I connected the cable back to the Denon - no audio! I'm at a loss to understand what's going on here.

Could the denon port be broken? Try another port. Could the optical cable be interfering. Try removing it

You have to assign the correct HDMI port for the audio that you are receiving. Ensure your player is outputting audio and video over the same HDMI.

Input Assign​

By making connections as indicated by the input sources printed on the audio/video input connectors of this unit, you can just press one of the input source select buttons to easily play back audio or video from a connected device.
Please change the assignment of the HDMI input connector, digital audio input connector, analog audio input connector, component video input connector and video input connector when connecting an input source that differs from that printed to the audio/video input connectors of this unit.
Sets the audio input mode for each “INPUT MODE” source. “AUTO” is normally recommended for this setting. This automatically detects and plays signal input to this unit prioritized in the following order: HDMI
Open Left
DIGITAL
Open Left
ANALOG.
GUI InputAssign X37E3

Hi all - new member here!

I have a Denon AVR-X3700H receiver, a 65" LG OLED TV, and a 5.1.2 speaker system. For TV I use an optical audio cable and the TV video/audio is great. When I use a FireStick connected via HDMI for streaming, the video/audio is great. However, when I connect my Sony BSD-S5100 BluRay player, I get only the video... and no audio whatsoever. I've tried different HDMI cables and different discs and they all give the same result - great video, but no audio. I'm at something of a loss to understand what's going on - and I hope someone can help point me in the right direction.

Thanks,
Ian
Hi ianmstm, I had an identical issue with my tv Philips Oled 65 854, Denon AVRX2600 and Blue Ray player Sony S790. I solve the problem setting on the tv the HDMI socket to "Standard" instead of "Optimal", the latter being useful for 4K video flows.
Hope this can solve your problem.
EdoM

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom