No BBC HD signal in East London - is it just me?

Madders

Hi Guys,

I got home yesterday to find I don't have any BBC HD signal? I rescanned all channels again just to see if that helped but didn't make any difference. I've not had any issues before so just wondering if it's either just me or my area? I'm in East London.

Is anyone else having any issues?

Steve

Last edited:

Madders

Ok, just run through the channels to see which ones have no signal and there's a few:

ITV1
BBC3
BBC4
BBC HD
ITV2
ITV4
C4 + 1
E4
E4 + 1
More 4

Can anyone shed some light on what the issue might be? Luckily ITV HD seems to be working, so I can still watch the England match tonight!!

grahamlthompson

Distinguished Member
Ok, just run through the channels to see which ones have no signal and there's a few:

ITV1
BBC3
BBC4
BBC HD
ITV2
ITV4
C4 + 1
E4
E4 + 1
More 4

Can anyone shed some light on what the issue might be? Luckily ITV HD seems to be working, so I can still watch the England match tonight!!

Sounds like you have a source of interference. Try turning off cordless phones/wifi routers to see if you can find the culprit.

Other possibility is failing capacitors in the box power supply especially if it's a Thomson Sky box.

Last edited:

Madders

Sounds like you have a source of interference. Try turning off cordless phones/wifi routers to see if you can find the culprit.

Other possibility is failing capacitors in the box power supply especially if it's a Thomson Sky box.

Thanks for the reply. I haven't moved my phone or wifi router recently so I'm not sure it will be these things, but I'll certainly give it a go!

The box is in my Panasonic plasma (freeview is still working fine) so if it has gone wrong it's going to be a pain to sort out! :(

grahamlthompson

Distinguished Member
Thanks for the reply. I haven't moved my phone or wifi router recently so I'm not sure it will be these things, but I'll certainly give it a go!

The box is in my Panasonic plasma (freeview is still working fine) so if it has gone wrong it's going to be a pain to sort out! :(

It's not likely to be the power supply, It's a problem with Sky HD boxes, the THOMSON in particular. It might be a neighbours router (BT-Home hubs are a particular problem). Use your PC to find any wifi networks in range with a strong signal

Stiggy

Distinguished Member
Threads like this always make me smile.

If ever Astra 2D ever did stop working, I think we would all notice the Sky subscribers roaming the streets like zombies. :D

Madders

Threads like this always make me smile.

If ever Astra 2D ever did stop working, I think we would all notice the Sky subscribers roaming the streets like zombies. :D

I think it was a reasonable question to ask if BBC HD was still transmitting on Freesat, but glad to hear my misfortune has cheered you up :rolleyes:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom