No BBC channels - Oh and ITV1

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by firecrest, Nov 1, 2005.

1. firecrest

firecrest
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I've just had my sky+ moved. Engineer installed new dish and cabling. He could get none of the BBC channels working apart from BBC1, problem also with ITV1, error message saying no signal being received. He checked with his meter and said the signal was fine.

He basically suggested I must have knocked the box while moving, i assured him that was not the case and the box was working fine at my old place. All he could suggest was booking a service call for the Plus box. It's out of warranty now plus I can't see how all the other channels work apart from BBC and ITV1, everything worked ok before.

Has anyone experienced this problem??? don't want to shell out £65 for a service call.

Also, box is not connected to a phone line as not had one installed yet..could this be the problem? Sky engineer never even mentioned the phone line and didn't attempt to plug it in.

2. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +272
    If you have a friend or relative with Sky, try taking your box to their house and try it on their dish.